• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Cooling towel

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
I cant remember if I mentioned these before or not.

With the up and coming hot weather these things are absolutely magic.
Just wet them....wring them out and shake the towel for a few seconds.....very refreshing and instant cool down.

Excellent for adults or children.

I cant remember if I mentioned these before or not.

With the up and coming hot weather these things are absolutely magic.
Just wet them....wring them out and shake the towel for a few seconds.....very refreshing and instant cool down.

Excellent for adults or children.
Also excellent for dogs Bill, you can also buy cooling jackets for dogs

Not sure how well they would work on dogs Joe with all their hair?
I do know that direct to the skin they are very good and work a treat.

Similar in concept, I used the issue one of these in Iraq, Kenya and Uganda and found they worked really well.

BCB CL085S Neck Cooling Scarf BCB CL085S Neck Cooling Scarf: Amazon.co.uk: Clothing

They work via the principal of latent heat evaporation (which is how you cool down through sweating), it’s the process through which water bottles can be kept cool in those furry carry cases.

Similar in concept, I used the issue one of these in Iraq, Kenya and Uganda and found they worked really well.

BCB CL085S Neck Cooling Scarf BCB CL085S Neck Cooling Scarf: Amazon.co.uk: Clothing

They work via the principal of latent heat evaporation (which is how you cool down through sweating), it’s the process through which water bottles can be kept cool in those furry carry cases.

I've usually run with a microfibre towel round my neck as a sweat rag but for 4 quid, I'll give this a go. Cheers mate.

gg

You can use the same system that the old army issue water bottles used to make a bush fridge

Let us know how you get on with them and what you think of them Mark and Bam if you do try them :thumbsup:
The container they come in is handy too if in the pack or glove compartment of the car.

Should be in the next couple of weeks mate. Got a few days of work and am hopeful it will be sunny :D so BBQ and beaches:D so these will work a treat

Back