• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

CORONA VIRUS

Joecole

Staff member
I think it’s wise to take the vaccine, however I’m not so sure it should be mandatory as this would infringe on people’s rights to say no …. It’s very easy to forget who/what is the enemy here … covid is the enemy… not us ! And it’s a crap stick without pushing people to take vacations that don’t offer complete safety or protection… I’m willingly vaccinated, I took the risk as I believe it outweighs the risk of covid ( hopefully) some people don’t see it that way and I would find it extremely hard to convince them otherwise as I would be asking them to potentially risk there health…

However each to there own this is just a personal view of the hole matter and I hold no animosity to anyone who disagrees with it . Hopefully we see the end of it sooner rather than later
Mark it's already been proven that adverse reactions to the vaccines are hundreds of thousands to one

Unfortunately there is a hard core of extremely vocal vaccine sceptics that resist all attempts to convince them of the need for vaccination. A lot of misinformation has been uploaded by these people and is circulating on the internet,..along with a lot of statistics that have been misused to support their case. I can deal with this but what I find intolerable is the way these people are haranguing children at the school gates or outside clinics.
I’m still against compulsory vaccination on principal but I do strongly believe that it is in everyone’s best interest for as many people as possible to be vaccinated.
I will be having the booster as soon as possible.

Sharpfinger

Slightly Addicted
Unfortunately there is a hard core of extremely vocal vaccine sceptics that resist all attempts to convince them of the need for vaccination. A lot of misinformation has been uploaded by these people and is circulating on the internet,..along with a lot of statistics that have been misused to support their case. I can deal with this but what I find intolerable is the way these people are haranguing children at the school gates or outside clinics.
I’m still against compulsory vaccination on principal but I do strongly believe that it is in everyone’s best interest for as many people as possible to be vaccinated.
I will be having the booster as soon as possible.

I‘ll be having the booster soon too.

I hope someone ‘harangues’ me when I go. 😠. I always seem to miss out on stuff like that. ☹️

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
I’m not sure what I like most , telling idiots that there idiots or watching someone tell the idiots there idiots 😂😂

Sharpfinger

Slightly Addicted
I’m not sure what I like most , telling idiots that there idiots or watching someone tell the idiots there idiots 😂😂
🤣🤣
People who can’t have the vaccine for medical reasons aside, those who resist are a bunch of selfish twats.
(We’ve got a country increasingly filling up with them).
It’s proven that having the vaccine is more than likely to keep you out of hospital so that means that some poor sod who can’t have the vaccine has a greater chance of getting a bed/high quality aid if COVID befalls them.
It’s a no brainier really.
But therein lays the problem!🤣

They way I look at it is that there will always be idiots, if they’re to stupid to know that they’re idiots it certainly isn’t my job to tell them. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes but if an idiot dies through his/her own life choices then it’s probably survival of the fittest. Time for a Darwin Award.
As you rightly say there are a percentage of people who don’t have the choice, those who for medical reasons cannot take the vaccines, we need to suppress covid19 for their benefit.

1 shot willie

Administrator
Staff member
🤣🤣
People who can’t have the vaccine for medical reasons aside, those who resist are a bunch of selfish twats.
It’s proven that having the vaccine is more than likely to keep you out of hospital so that means that some poor sod who can’t have the vaccine has a greater chance of getting a bed/high quality aid if COVID befalls them.

Well said that man ^^^^^

38thfoot

Very Addicted
🤣🤣
By having a vaccinated population there are also less “stepping stones” to allow a virus to infect those who are unable to be vaccinated.

An acquaintance recently told me she didn’t think I was the kind of person to believe the mainstream media agenda; I replied I wasn’t but I was the kind of person to read and understand the daily and weekly briefs I get on behalf of the resilience committee in Greater Manchester as part of my role supporting them!

I’m not necessarily in favour of mandated vaccines but I’m also happy that choosing (as opposed to not being able for medical reasons) to not be vaccinated can have consequences in terms of the opportunities for work, travel and leisure in order to protect wider society.

I believe Australia let’s parents have a choice along the lines of vaccinate or homeschool, I know what my choice would be!

divebuddy

Staff member
IMG-20211129-WA0000.jpg

Baytree

Slightly Addicted
Unfortunately there is a hard core of extremely vocal vaccine sceptics that resist all attempts to convince them of the need for vaccination. A lot of misinformation has been uploaded by these people and is circulating on the internet,..along with a lot of statistics that have been misused to support their case.
Though it might prolong the whole thing I've not really got anything against anyone who doesn't want to have the vaccine , it's ( largely) their life. What does get on my wick is all the conspiracy that tags along with it. It's all a plot by "them" to control us and take away our money and freedom or it's all a plot by Bill Gates to depopulate the world and move us onto reservations. I'm convinced that the thing many of them fear is chaos and randomness. The virus can't just have evolved there has to be some evil genius behind it all. Having a conspiracy , even if it's directed against them , is more comforting than random chance. The killing of JFK is another prime example. Unthinkable that it could just be the work of one man , far more believable if it involved a complicated plot and other shooters on the grassy knoll.

Sharpfinger

Slightly Addicted
Had my booster today, one step nearer to the toaster!😆

In all seriousness we’ve got antivaxers in the family (not protesters, just believe in the conspiracy shit).

(I’ve worked close to government and seen how they operate, that [email protected] Cummings publicised it a while back and if anyone thinks that they could even organise an effective conspiracy they’re deluded!😆).

But the thing is, one source for their beliefs is an NHS nurse!
So my life experience and media informed understanding apparently doesn’t count. ☹️

1 shot willie

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone heard of any antivaxers that fall ill with the virus refusing oxygen and a Hospital bed in one of the ICU units that try to save their lives?
Do they believe that the life saving oxygen and other treatments also contain some sinister mind altering/controlling additives.....and refuse that as well?

Baytree

Slightly Addicted
The ones i encounter on another forum deny they are antivax in that they are perfectly happy , they say , to have a vaccine where it's necessary and has been thoroughly tested but view the covid vaccine as one that is unnecessary , experimental and potentially harmful. I very much doubt they'd refuse medical help even if they were to contract this virus they consider little more than a bad cold at best and a complete hoax at worse.

Baytree

Slightly Addicted
Here's one for the anti vaxers. Let's say there is something to the conspiracy. Two major tenants of that conspiracy is to extend control and use the vaccine to depopulate. Now if i were an evil genius behind all this why would i use the vaccine to kill off all the easy to control people willing to take that vaccine ? It would leave me with the harder to control awkward feckers and for that matter loads of people in dirt poor countries. What i'd do as an evil genius is to have this vaccine ostensibly anti covid but in reality it would be a vaccine for the disease I'd release a couple of years down the line. The vaccinated sheeple ( hate that term) who are subjectively easy to control would be fine but all the troublesome ones woul be gone.
Utter rubbish as a conspiracy but perhaps we should try to push it.

1 shot willie

Administrator
Staff member
The ones i encounter on another forum deny they are antivax in that they are perfectly happy , they say , to have a vaccine where it's necessary and has been thoroughly tested but view the covid vaccine as one that is unnecessary , experimental and potentially harmful. I very much doubt they'd refuse medical help even if they were to contract this virus they consider little more than a bad cold at best and a complete hoax at worse.

Maybe they have no access to the media...... and are blissfully unaware of the spread and lives being lost to the virus.....or in denial.
But......as long as THEY are happy :rolleyes:
In the early stages and trials of the vaccine.....you could maybe forgive and sympathise with some of the scepticism.......but now......this far in?
Just how much convincing do they need.......baffling!!
Probably anti mask wearing too.

Sharpfinger

Slightly Addicted
To be honest, I was pleased that I was a bit down the list before becoming eligible for the vaccine so that there was plenty of positive information about it, and I was never not going to have it if it proved safe - even safe-ish
(as is the case with most medicines).

I salute the people who volunteered to have the vaccine in the initial trials.

There’s an item in the news this morning about a bloke in hospital at death’s door - only 41; no underlying issues; had the first vaccination. (one of our offspring, same age, has had the first two and due the booster soon so why the bloke in hospital has only had the one is a question).

In my head, without that first vaccination he might already be gone and (hopefully) may still pull through.
But some will still argue, that even with the vaccine he’s in a bad way.

I’ve reached the point now where I’m applying me fatha’s often stated view on some people -
‘You can‘t educate wood!’ 🤣