• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

South West Countryman's Fair 2018

Might be worth the drive to go and have a look. Thanks for the info.

we only went the once but were well impressed with what we saw, I think they only hold it every 2 years rather than annually. intend to go this year.

its a fair way from Wiltshire, its the Devon/Cornwall border but I think its well worth the visit, lots to see and do.

don't forget the Scythe fair too folks, that's in June near Langport in Somerset, very "alternative" attitude there. very ECO.

don't forget the Scythe fair too folks, that's in June near Langport in Somerset, very "alternative" attitude there. very ECO.

I fancy that one, I couldn't make it last year though. I like their focus on sustainability and off grid living.

If TSHTF we'll all be living off grid and I reckon now is the time to learn the skills.

that's correct, wife and I learned a lot from the alternative community whilst living in Glastonbury for 10 years.
this one started as two different events on 2 different sites years ago but then amalgamated and have been on the present site for over a decade. check out the "gypsy" caravans and other vehicles, "Land Matters" is usually there as is "Tinkers Bubble", last time I went my friends from the Bulworthy Project were there too, plenty of book stalls and equipment stalls, Rocket stoves, and check out the second hand sales at the far end.
Eco loos as well as the usual "thunder" boxes.

its sort of replaced it in a smaller sense, this is only a day event where the Big Green Gathering was a longer event, we went to the one in Somerset as day visitors, that was killed off by Somerset council's insistence on extra security and licencing requirements, I think that made the event financially unviable.

OK, I see. Is Brig Oubridge involved in Scythe Fair now? He was one of original the founders of BGG.

Is there anything "up north?" and don't say Manchester that's not north :D

The CLA game fair moves about and sometimes gets as far north as Harwood Ho. but it's not really the same. I can't cope with the crowds that go there anymore.

Back