• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Couple of hours by the River Wear

Forager

Slightly Addicted
As this was a rest day from work I decided to have a couple of hours and a brew by my local river the river Wear.
20210318_091343.jpg
20210318_091350.jpg
20210318_091402.jpg
20210318_092314.jpg

This is my first time using the BCB stove and pot and I'm very impressed with this lovely piece of kit.
20210318_091920.jpg
20210318_093004.jpg
20210318_091944.jpg

Lovely pictures and a smashing venue by the river.....what better place for a brew :)
Good to hear you like your stove :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing.
It's the first time I have ever used a portable stove and now I'm hooked. My pictures are taken using an old Samsung phone I have which I keep spare.

The pictures are lovely and clear Forager :thumbsup:

Just a thought for you re the stove mate......a fold up wind break can be a bonus if the conditions are a tad rough......keep the heat in and concentrated on the pot.....instead of being blown about :thumbsup:

Similar to this......shop around?

I like the shallows, rivers always look more alive in places like that rather than slow deep water, nice photos Forager.
👍

Considering the BCB is so simple it's really efficient and a handy size too. I made a lid for the boiling mug from a piece of ally sheet from B&Q. Nothing glamorous just a flat plate cut to size with a couple of bent down 'Tabs' at the ends to stop it sliding off the mug. A lid cuts the boiling time down and stops suicidal insects from throwing themselves into the hot water..:D

The pictures are lovely and clear Forager :thumbsup:

Just a thought for you re the stove mate......a fold up wind break can be a bonus if the conditions are a tad rough......keep the heat in and concentrated on the pot.....instead of being blown about :thumbsup:

Similar to this......shop around?

Thanks for the link 1 shot willie, I'm certain to purchase one of these.

I like the shallows, rivers always look more alive in places like that rather than slow deep water, nice photos Forager.
👍

Considering the BCB is so simple it's really efficient and a handy size too. I made a lid for the boiling mug from a piece of ally sheet from B&Q. Nothing glamorous just a flat plate cut to size with a couple of bent down 'Tabs' at the ends to stop it sliding off the mug. A lid cuts the boiling time down and stops suicidal insects from throwing themselves into the hot water..:D
Thanks Sax for your comments and explaining your lid design.
Rivers do look alive in the shallows and the sound is so soothing.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I made my lid and windshield out of an old foil baking tray, the windshield then fits around the pot for transport the lid under it and my foldacup sits perfect in the top to keep everything else secure inside, of course different pot, so I'm waffling, sorry, same principle I would have thought.

Back