• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

'covered In Dead Fish': Beachgoers Confronted By Unexplained Sight In Cornwall

One would have thought that there was a better way of doing it. Assuming it is judged by weight, it is a pitty they can't get it done whilst the fish are still alive!
Keith.

we wont have to adhere to EU fishing quotas when we leave the EU.

You are assuming that the "deal" means that we leave the Common Fisheries Policy, we were sold down the river (sorry!) over that; however there will riots down here if that happens.

if we aren't part of the "club" we don't have to obey their rules.we can make our own.

Last edited:
I depends on what 'they' give away to keep the City of London happy, that's why we got such a awful deal in the first place.

whilst we are members of the club we will get worse deals in fishing and farming, all the subsidies goes to other countries, look how much the French fishermen and farmers complain and protest,dumping rotten tomatoes and fish and holding up the ferry ports.

Yes, it was all part of the regionalized distribution of trades i.e. deep sea fishing boats to Spain, which trashed our fleets and after joining the exclusive fishing zones around our coasts became an open free for all. Our fishermen had been practicing conservation of stocks then other people just steamed in and helped themselves.... Aagh, I'm on one of my hobbyhorses!
I still will not buy French apples since they burnt our lamb.
Rant over.

no neither will I mate.
all my fresh food is bought in the local market, less than 1 mile away.

Lucky, I'm 10 miles-ish from the nearest town and approx. 4 miles (as the crow flies) from the nearest decent food non-hobby shop. Unfortunately this is a days expedition, one way, now - due to my lungs.

Back