• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Crossbow pistols

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Greetings people. New member here have put a post in the relevant section. just starting out so will no doubt make mistakes on the way, but I suppose its best to learn that now!!. Just camping out at the moment tents and cooking practice/prep but will need to be able to hunt for food am thinking of getting one of these any good or any suggestions.

ARMEX TOMCAT II PISTOL CROSSBOW

let us know

cheers

It depends on what your expectations are M. Yes they are capable of killing small game, but a good Air rifle is much more useable and cheaper to run. You will lose a lot of Bolts. On the plus side they are very small, silent and have the capability to be accurate out to 15-20 yds. I've owned one of these for years and still enjoy shooting it now and then. I class these as a "useful" toy (in the right circumstances). Compared to full sized Bows/crossbows/air rifles they are lacking. The Bolts you get with these are total garbage, and are not suited to anything but close range target practice.

Luckily for you being in France you can now legally own a very capable 15fpe air rifle as French legislation has recently changed. In the UK they're restricted to 12fpe

Back in the day I had a pistol crossbow.We did a lot of lamping with lurchers then.One night I took the pistol bow to try and pop off a roosting pheasant or two.Long story short- waste of time.An air rifle would have been far better.

Best keep it for playing with IMHO.

Not to mention bow/crossbow hunting is illegal in the UK. stick with Air rifle or try one of the modern catapults.
Yes it's hard to believe that. I can use an Air Rifle/catapult but not a bow. As a side note those crossbow pistols (the 80lb draw weight ones) are coming in at 12.5 ft lbs energy, that's more KE than a UK legal air rifle. Food for thought isn't it?

Last edited:
Back