• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Crossman Phantom 2

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
@Ystranc.

Hello mate.....re your rifle, you mentioned you were going to chrono the rifle to see what it is running at.
Also that you may grind a bit off of the spring to help reduce the recoil.

I had a look around and found this video.....it may or may not help you out and save taking anything off of the spring itself?

In the video the guy wanted to achieve the opposite to you.......he wanted to increase the FPS.
On top of the piston there is a small hole that he filled to get more FPS.........worked very well too.

Just a thought for you......if your rifle is running high and is snappy.....I wonder if drilling the small hole a bit bigger would help?

Bit by bit of course :thumbsup:

If it does not work for you.....you could re fill it?

Might be worth a thought mate.:)

I've seen that, it was done as one of the measures (along with removing the gas ram) to reduce the American spec rifle from 29flbsdown to approx 11.5 flbs. I think filling it would slow the piston down a little and reduce the forward spring recoil but might take me over the FAC threshold by a tad... Opening it up would reduce prison pressure and make forward recoil a little worse (similar to drilling out a transfer port) I need to see what it's doing now before I start dicking about with it. I've checked and one end of the spring is open while the other is ground, there is around 11mm of pretension to work with.
I was actually thinking of dropping the fpe to more like 10, sacrificing a little power for greater accuracy like the pistol which is a little low at approx 4.5fpe but very accurate.
We shall see what we shall see when I chrony it.

Last edited:
11mm of preload :eek:.......well there would be a good place to start........try decreasing that :thumbsup:

Good luck with it :thumbsup:

Back