• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Crumpets 😋

cuckoo996

Staff member
Something I've always enjoyed eating is crumpets. Slathered thickly with butter its just a nice thing to have with a cuppa.
So tonight I had a go at making my own :

20240322_190651.jpg

They are surprisingly simple to make and there are lots of revipes available online, and so yummy. Cooking them is a game of patience as just the right amount of time and temperature is needed to cook them thoroughly without burning.

Here's the recipe I used:

I doubled the recipe, cos I'm greedy and uf you double it use a bigger jug than I did, it grows, rapidly!

20240322_174222.jpg
20240322_181456.jpg
20240322_183332.jpg
20240322_183337.jpg
Made 14 in total from the doubled mix, but 4 were sacrificed in the making of trial and error, yummy though 2 were over and 2 under-cooked. Was a necessary loss to ensure the remain 10 were cooked perfectly. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it 🤭

Won't be buying them again that's for sure

Nice work Jono! I have often wondered about how they're made and if I could do it myself. I would need to get some cooking rings, but that's the only excuse I have left now.

Nice work Jono! I have often wondered about how they're made and if I could do it myself. I would need to get some cooking rings, but that's the only excuse I have left now.
That is all that was stopping me Paul, saw a pair in the charity shop yesterday, 50p later and I'm making crumpets.

They are around a fiver new

Back