• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Culter Fell - New Years Day 2021

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
Here's my wee video of our New Year's Day walk up Culter Fell. Hope you enjoy it.

Mel, Daniel, Kirstine, James and myself took a walk up a snowy Culter Fell for New Year's Day this year.
This is the highest point in South Lanarkshire at 748m though our ascent was just 500m.
Again, we seemed to pick the steepest route up and there were a few choice words at each of the 3 (or was it 4) false summits.
We had fantastic weather for the day with blue skies all the way but sub-zero temps all the way.
James and Daniel streaked ahead with Kirstine and Mel following and me struggling along at the tail most of the way.
It was a great day with a couple of picnic stops along the way.
The sun was setting as we descended giving us colourful views of the late afternoon scenery.

@G1ZmO

That has to be one of the best videos you have shared with us all Paul....great footage and the music suited it perfectly.

A great family day out in the snow and a determined climb to the summit........the views alone were worth it..........good effort me dear ......and a cracking day out in the snow covered hills :thumbsup:

Really enjoyed watching that!!

Thanks for sharing.....you lucky.....lucky sod :rofl::thumbsup:

Fantastic! I really enjoyed that, a view of a different world. Music was perfect too. đź‘Ť

Nice one paul....have been up culter fell many times paul....but like yourself feel it's getting steeper every year 🤔

Back