• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Czech army 3 pc bed roll

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
Few questions for you guys that have them.

1. What is the best way to fold them up ? after rolling them up from the bottom and tucking it into the hood I have done the centre strap up but what are the 2 side straps for ?

2. What roll mat do you use that can be kept in the sleeping bag as after fitting mine between the outer shell and blanket it will not roll up and fit into the hood :( so had to remove it, but would have been nice to roll it all up into one package.

the 2 side straps are for securing it to your bergun mate ...

i have a cheep roll mat 5mill thick which fits inside.... its still tight to roll up but it is do able mate;)

the 2 side straps are for securing it to your bergun mate ...

i have a cheep roll mat 5mill thick which fits inside.... its still tight to roll up but it is do able mate;)

Right so that is what the straps are for :)
Maybe that is why my mat won't fit in as it's 10mm thick

Right so that is what the straps are for :)
Maybe that is why my mat won't fit in as it's 10mm thick

i wouldnt worry about it to much mate just strap it to the out side of the bag with a few bungies:D

was going to ask you have you got a camp bed?? or do you plan on sleeping on the floor?

Ha that thing won't hold me mate :) if I got on that I would be on the floor anyway lol.
No planning on sleeping on the floor inside my mozzy tent with my tarp over me :)

Doesn't sound like this will roll up when its got a 13.5tog duvet in it then, what do you guys reckon?

Doesn't sound like this will roll up when its got a 13.5tog duvet in it then, what do you guys reckon?

yes mate it is do able.....i had mine rolled up with a 13.5 single quilt in ....took some doing the first time but you soon get the nack ;)

That's my mine made up then, I'm getting one of these for the summer camping and I'll get a duvet and bivi bag to go with it for winter camping. (That's if it needs a bivi bag?)

I can get a sleep mat and a spare blanket to roll up into the hood and fasten the buttons, without much hassle.

the 2 side straps are for securing it to your bergun

I thought the side straps, were for compression, but had some end pieces missing. As I was otherwise well made up with my bag, I overlooked this supposed failing and instead experimented with straps as a means securing the roll to my rucksac. Proof if you give an idiot enough time they will do the right thing by accident :p

Id like to see some pictures of these swags - rolled up ............. I have one and just roll it up how it came but I'd like to see them with your additions to them .

Any one treid one is wet weather?? How waterproofs the outer?

On the website they state they are showerproof.

On the website they state they are showerproof.

i would recomend a bivi bag to cover it with if you plan on sleeping under a bush with it mate .....

but at the winter event when it was -10 the bag had ice all over the outside and i stayed warm and dry so i guess they must be fairly water proof.....or you could get the spray on water proofer to treat it with to make sure

Showerproof ......so thats a no then lol ...........I think I'll give one of these ago outdoors without a shelter, although I still think my yank sleeping bag is unbeatable

Back