• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

CZECK OFFICERS BEDROLL

Joecole

Very Obsessed
the above arrived today and on first inspection looks to be a very good piece of kit. extremely well but a bit on the heavy side so I wouldn't want to carry it any distance. its a rather odd setup with wooden toggles instead of a zip and open at both ends although at first glance I think there's a padded flap than can be toggled into place. its very thickly padded and I imagine it would keep you warm on the coldest of nights

Photos tomorrow

the above arrived today and on first inspection looks to be a very good piece of kit. extremely well but a bit on the heavy side so I wouldn't want to carry it any distance. its a rather odd setup with wooden toggles instead of a zip and open at both ends although at first glance I think there's a padded flap than can be toggled into place. its very thickly padded and I imagine it would keep you warm on the coldest of nights

Photos tomorrow

Better bring that with you in a couple of weeks joe :rofl:

Just had a look at one... 1960's I bet it's a good bit of kit, wonder if it will fit in the modern gortex bivvy bag? Oh well we're find out soon lol

If it don't fit one could easily be made out of a bivvy fishing tent fly sheet etc ;)

Just had a look at one... 1960's I bet it's a good bit of kit, wonder if it will fit in the modern gortex bivvy bag? Oh well we're find out soon lol

If it don't fit one could easily be made out of a bivvy fishing tent fly sheet etc ;)
I think it might fit in but its so heavily padded it could be a squeeze. I bought it as used in good condition but I don't think its ever been used

I've got a British army cold weather thermal top and trousers suit set, it's toast lol, gotta be from around the same era I would have thought?

image.png

That would make sense. I use it as pyjamas in extreme cold lol

did once try to wear it as an under layer at around 0* but I overheated lol guess it's for -20 and below!

did once try to wear it as an under layer at around 0* but I overheated lol guess it's for -20 and below!
they're not designed for anything above about minus 10 mate

I use it when I sleep out rough as well with a cheap lightweight waterproof set on top. Don't like getting my gortex gear getting peppered with ash burn burns lol

Would you put a sleeping mat inside the bed roll joe?

I use it when I sleep out rough as well with a cheap lightweight waterproof set on top. Don't like getting my gortex gear getting peppered with ash burn burns lol
not with the cost of gortex

Back