• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Daft endings to films.

Manthing

Administrator
Staff member
I watched a film the other day and the ending was a bit of a let down as it made no sense.
Please start new films with the title sk if someone hasn't seen it they can ignore.
I'll start.

Elysium.
The whole premises of the film is the rich live up there and don't give a flying fug about the inhabitants of Earth unless they need to top up resources. Earth's an overpopulated sh1te heap.
So at the end why do loads of hospital ships go to Earth to cure the planet of all the peoples ills?
What possible reason would the powers on Elysium have for these ships, when all or most of the houses on it have the healing beds?
Just didn't make sense to me.

Matt Damon kicked their doors in pretty convincingly though. There seems to be a bit of a formula for films where there is an underclass living in squalor while the evil rich villains float about or live safe in their ivory towers…I wonder what demographic they’re playing to. 🧐

Last edited:
So at the end why do loads of hospital ships go to Earth to cure the planet of all the peoples ills? What possible reason would the powers on Elysium have for these ships, when all or most of the houses on it have the healing beds

So they can keep making the resources they need to restock ?

It’s a while since I’ve been to the pictures, I’m simply not tolerant enough to put up with wittering eejits that can’t sit still or hold their bladder for the duration of one short film. Hell is other people.

Who the hell buys pick and mix rather wearing a big coat in the height of summer to assist in than smuggling in Aldi jelly babies and a bottle of vimto.

I have a friend who works in the Vue cinema here, but cinemas can't actually stop you from taking snacks and drinks in with you. Thanks to food allergy policies 😉 plus there's no way in hell I'm paying a tenner for a crap hotdog again! Really ruined dr strange for me, thought you are taking the pish! Just because there are other dimensions doesn't mean you can charge the prices from one!

Not quite cutting edge but I remember watching 2001 and at the end thinking "what was all that about?" That said when I read the book a few years later it actually made sense.
another old one is Star wars episode 6 , the third original. Fighting galactic evil , overcoming the empire and all that and they end up having what looks like a teletubbies disco in the forest with those large teddy bear creatures . Poor

Not quite cutting edge but I remember watching 2001 and at the end thinking "what was all that about?" That said when I read the book a few years later it actually made sense.
another old one is Star wars episode 6 , the third original. Fighting galactic evil , overcoming the empire and all that and they end up having what looks like a teletubbies disco in the forest with those large teddy bear creatures . Poor
To be fair the target audience for that film had a very wide age range. The ones that really sucked in my opinion had the character Jar Jar Binks, possibly the most irritating of all George Lucas’s creations.

To be fair the target audience for that film had a very wide age range. The ones that really sucked in my opinion had the character Jar Jar Binks, possibly the most irritating of all George Lucas’s creations.
Going slightly off topic but I never really got the idea of starting at episode 3 , it just seems a bit pointless and introduces characters and tech that never appear in chronologically later films. The spin offs like Rogue One just seem to be trying to milk it with the same rehashed plot and don't add much to the story in my opinion although I will admit to not watching all of them as I've given up on them.

Back