• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Dangerous cutlery

Aquilosdad

Extremely Talkative
Thought you guys might like this 805FC8A5-E2A3-4BD4-B5C4-6D436BE44300.jpeg

...irony is a fine thing but this is a little too close to reality for comfort.
Having sent a very nice Rodgers pruning knife through the post last month to a gentleman in his 50's (a folding legal carry gardeners pocket knife) I have just been advised that it has been stopped and destroyed by Royal Mail.
The nanny state is being run by a confederacy of idiots who would have you eating with your fingers because you can't be trusted with a spoon.

...irony is a fine thing but this is a little too close to reality for comfort.
Having sent a very nice Rodgers pruning knife through the post last month to a gentleman in his 50's (a folding legal carry gardeners pocket knife) I have just been advised that it has been stopped and destroyed by Royal Mail.
The nanny state is being run by a confederacy of idiots who would have you eating with your fingers because you can't be trusted with a spoon.

On the bright side, you can learn to drive at 17, even though you can't be trusted to buy a packet of fags. One nil for 'conferacy of genius's'. :lol:

I have a friend who makes knives and he posts them thusly. He uses Hermes, he labels it cutlery, they come and pick it up from him and it usually costs less than Retard Mail. So much simpler. He has an account with them. Might be worth looking into if you're posting regularly @Ystranc

What annoyed me so much is that knives don't even show up on the list of prohibited items at the post office counter, you actually have to search their website to find out. Post office counter staff are told to accept them if they are well packaged, legal carry folding knives that are obviously not purposed as weapons. One company, two different standards.
Brambling, many of my knives go overseas and Myhermes are very unreliable in our area they're a bit of a non starter.

I have a friend who makes knives and he posts them thusly. He uses Hermes, he labels it cutlery, they come and pick it up from him and it usually costs less than Retard Mail. So much simpler. He has an account with them. Might be worth looking into if you're posting regularly @Ystranc

Retard Mail......:rofl::rofl:....love it!!

I had the same problem with royal mail, although i was lucky, they advised me not to post it as it could be destroyed and as this was a present for a friend i didn't won't to take the risk. The only problem was i didn't see him for nearly a year so it was a long overdue gift.

I was the same sending a knife down south,the guy in the post office told me not to send or might be destroyed.It might have broken out of its packaging and went on a blinking rampage,libtard mail.

Back