• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

David's LK35 Mod's

David Day

Slightly Addicted
Hi All,

Hopefully all the drama’s re my LK35 purchase are now left behind me and a new up to spec pack is on its way from the chaps over at MM.

With this in mind I’m starting to plan out my mod list!

Obviously the first step will be repairing any damage or previous repairs that I’m not happy with, washing the pack and Curerusting (is that a word? It should be) any bare metal on the frame.

The first mod is an easy one, that’s the waist belt that I have already purchased from MM and I believe I saw some good instillation instructions on YouTube for this as from what I can understand it’s a bit fiddley.

Mod Two is where you guys come in, I want two side pouches for the pack, sown on as opposed to molle straps. Can anyone recommend suitable pouches, preferably canvas ones?

All advice and input welcome 😊

Check out "Simon, a bloke in the Woods" U tube video on this.....he has done a video on this pack and specifically how he modified his with extra pockets.
Mine only has a waist/hip belt as a mod..........

I tested the 'vanilla' pack on Sunday on a small ramble across the chase and was very supprised with how comfey it was.
Hopefully I'll get round to fitting the belt this weekend and giving it another go :)

Reactions: lol
I must admit I have not added side pouches despite buying 2 really heavy duty canvas ones... too thick to sew..... And now I'm not sure whether I want to add pouches at all?.
If you want mine, and I'm not kidding when I say "thick heavy duty" you are welcome????

Those (your ones) look easier to sew and are cheap enough, but whether the popper closure is any good, who knows? Also if the popper breaks? And no adjustment or give otherwise. Whats the priority on these?

I must admit I have not added side pouches despite buying 2 really heavy duty canvas ones... too thick to sew..... And now I'm not sure whether I want to add pouches at all?.
If you want mine, and I'm not kidding when I say "thick heavy duty" you are welcome????

Those (your ones) look easier to sew and are cheap enough, but whether the popper closure is any good, who knows? Also if the popper breaks? And no adjustment or give otherwise. Whats the priority on these?

Very good point on the poppers....... just dropped you a PM buddy :)

Gawd I've just replied without realising it was a pm!!! Doh!!

Finally got round to fitting the waist belt.

15620 15621 15622

Not sure about the axe holder..... may look at a different solution...

Won't be til at least Monday then...………...

Strewth, Is there anything such as 3rd or 4 th class post???? Mind you I've just had a parcel (not yet received) exceed 14 days so far...……...

Back