• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

David's LK35 Mod's

Strewth, Is there anything such as 3rd or 4 th class post???? Mind you I've just had a parcel (not yet received) exceed 14 days so far...……...

First Christmas prezzy of the year has turned up!

Cheers buddy, there perfect!

You can see here, that the side pouches at the german army rucksacks are attached with only vertical seams.

We can slide ski or hatchets in there.

I usually carry the hatchet inside. From time to time outside.

But I recommend too:
Saw is better than axe!

Last edited:
Them I would attach reversible.
I would let the poches how they are and add some webbing to the ruck sack.

Any advice on the best type of thread to sow heavy canvas? Im hoping to get the side pockets fitted that were very kindly donated by lol (top man!)

Any advice on the best type of thread to sow heavy canvas? Im hoping to get the side pockets fitted that were very kindly donated by lol (top man!)

Hopefully this weekend will leave some free time to get these fitted, and ideas on what type of thread chaps?

Hi David.

Just a thought for you.

If you want a more versatile setup.....could you maybe use some contact adhesive and glue heavy duty Velcro patches to the pouches and on the pack......and sew the edges.
You could then go with pouches......... or without?

Back