• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

David's LK35 Mod's

Smart looking pack David....... Have you sewn the pouches on...... Or did you go with the velcro?

Good job.

I did what any other sane man would do, I asked Aunt Rita to do it for me :)
An yes, its sown on :)
She gave me a top tip as well which people may find useful, she recycles the string from the top of potato sacks! Have you ever tried to break that stuff, its nearly indestructible!

Well, ive been test driving the LK35 as part of my Samarathon training.
The waist belt is a great addition and the pack is alot more stable, the only 'issue' im having is that after a few hours the standard shoulder staps are rubbing.
Can anyone recommend some strap upgrades?
They were always on the list of jobs but id ideally like to get them done before July as Im hoping to be out an about alot more for Samarathon :)
(really looking forward to some weekend exploring!)

Well, ive been test driving the LK35 as part of my Samarathon training.
The waist belt is a great addition and the pack is alot more stable, the only 'issue' im having is that after a few hours the standard shoulder staps are rubbing.
Can anyone recommend some strap upgrades?
They were always on the list of jobs but id ideally like to get them done before July as Im hoping to be out an about alot more for Samarathon :)
(really looking forward to some weekend exploring!)
Tape some foam rubber that's slightly wider than the straps to the inside David

Reactions: lol
you can also mount the straps wider at the shoulder, or a selection of other surplus straps?
But JoeColes is easily the simplest......………..

Maybe I should go for an LK70 next time.....

image.jpg

Back