• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Day pack.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
I guess we all have a favorite go-to pack for a day in the woods.

Not wanting or expecting to walk for miles on end......but rather find........ or go to a local haunt for a spot of breakfast and a brew......even a bit of carving for a few hours.
Large enough to cope with the kit for an overnighter or two.

Be nice to share what packs we use for this.........so let's have a look at yours :thumbsup:

This is, without doubt, my favorite and what I like to take to take along.

https://www.wynnchester.co.uk/product/norwegian-telemark-pack/

Just to add.....you can pick these up for a lot less than the advertised price!!! ;)

Nice bags bill. Some on the bay.

There’s a few bags I would like but at the moment I only have one lol. Karrimor 65l bobcat in green. Not the best but works for me at the mo. Am shooting for a maxpidision falcon. But there a bit pricey.

i have had it about 2 years now and wouldn't swap it for anything. Max weight I have had in it is about 15 kilos. That was my polish lavvu, all the equipment that is in my post of my everyday bag (cooking equipment, rifle, etc), and my arctic sleeping bag strapped underneath it. Straps were fine and everything held together, heavy but comfortable to carry, straps are padded and it has waist and chest straps.

forgot to say I have the 25 litre version not the 36 litre, but I think it is more like 30,
UPDATE
Just checked the measurements and it is actually a 36 litre.

Looking at them on the bay at the moment. A may take the plunge and get one on payday. A few reviews on YT About them saying there good.:thumbsup:

one thing with them is the straps. Make sure that any not being used are tightly fixed, lost a chest strap once because of this, but a new one was only £3 of ebay
With the molle fixings you can put as many extra pouches as you have room

one thing with them is the straps. Make sure that any not being used are tightly fixed, lost a chest strap once because of this, but a new one was only £3 of ebay
With the molle fixings you can put as many extra pouches as you have room
I use the same pack, built to last

What do you guys take along in your packs for a day out in the woods?

I like to take along.

Basha tarp and bungees-cordage.
Foldable foam seat with back support (waterproof and insulated)
First aid kit (Basic)
Firebox stove-fire lighting kit.....or Trangia set.
Titanium mug and lid.
Clean canteen. (water)
Food and snacks/ beverage.
Small wok....depending.
Carving kit and small hand axe.
Saw.
Small radio.
Head torch.
Bog in a bag (just the bag)/ toilet paper/hand gel. (I take my bodily waste home to dispose of )
Mobile phone.

Dress according to the forecast conditions and tell my wife where I will be........ and ETA home.

Last edited:
What do you guys take along in your packs for a day out in the woods?

I like to take along.

Basha tarp and bungees-cordage.
Foldable foam seat with back support (waterproof and insulated)
First aid kit (Basic)
Firebox stove-fire lighting kit.....or Trangia set.
Titanium mug and lid.
Clean canteen. (water)
Food and snacks/ beverage.
Small wok....depending.
Carving kit and small hand axe.
Small radio.
Head torch.
Bog in a bag (just the bag)/ toilet paper/hand gel. (I take my bodily waste home to dispose of )
Mobile phone.

Dress according to the forecast conditions and tell my wife where I will be........ and ETA home.
Pretty much the same as you Bill but with the addition of a small folding saw but not the seat or radio

Good call on telling the wife bill:thumbsup: that’s what I do. The last time I showed her my route on google maps. Am sure she said get lost:rofl:

In my pack
Tarp
Pot
Fire pit
Mug
Knife
Axe
Folding saw
Fero rod
Dry tinder
Map of the area
Extra jacket and socks
Torch
First aid kit
Phone (on my person)
Part of a yoga mat (always forget this lol)

Yes mate...I would think the kit is par for the course with most of us for a day out.
I must learn how to stick a video up on here.........not very tech minded unfortunately :rolleyes:

I forgot the saw:D........will amend the list.:thumbsup:

Yes mate...I would think the kit is par for the course with most of us for a day out.
I must learn how to stick a video up on here.........not very tech minded unfortunately :rolleyes:

I forgot the saw:D........will amend the list.:thumbsup:
@mark wilson I don't usually carry a map these days mate because I'm so familiar with the areas I go to. Also have map my walk on my phone so I can always back track my route if I have to

Hi Mark.

Good list mate.....nice to share different ideas and see what others take along :thumbsup:

Must admit though mate....I have never tried Yoga.....at home.......or in the woods :sneaky::whistle::rofl::rofl:

Back