• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Daystate

Plus me and the lad are joining the archery club next year :eek: could get messy. Robin Hood men in tights comes to mind:rofl:

Pity it's not down here....and no I'm not wearing tights...…..

Well knock me down with a feather.

The spare magazine I ordered back in very early JUNE has just arrived.

Not so much as a polite note with it to explain the delay......wonderful caring business....I think NOT!

I will think long and hard before I buy any other Day state rifles.......not impressed with their attitude at all.

Just to add......All communication was made through the Sportsmansguncentre........they could not have been more helpful dealing with Day state on my behalf.....tent out of ten for them.

Having spoken to the guys in the Cheshire Gun Room they do quite a lot of business with daystate as well as the other manufacturers. They’ve repeatedly said that although daystate products are beautiful, that beauty comes at a considerable price premium and a degree of hierarchical arrogance; they know they are st the top end and their products are in demand. They also said they get just as many faults with daystate as any other (cheaper) manufacturer.

It’s a shame that there attitude doesn’t match the quality of there products.

It’s good it arrived bill...finally!...but I understand why your a little miffed :thumbsdown:

Having spoken to the guys in the Cheshire Gun Room they do quite a lot of business with daystate as well as the other manufacturers. They’ve repeatedly said that although daystate products are beautiful, that beauty comes at a considerable price premium and a degree of hierarchical arrogance; they know they are st the top end and their products are in demand. They also said they get just as many faults with daystate as any other (cheaper) manufacturer.

Hi 38.

Yes....all the manufacturers have problems with thier guns.......and Daystate are no different in that respect.
It is how they respond to the problems and rectify them that matters most to the user's of thier products.

My first choice was a FX Impact .25
I was put off of the rifle due to indesisive and poor communication from them......so they lost my purchase.

I do not regret that decision......as the Pulsar has not missed a beat.....so far!

What is quite worrying though is how Daystate will respond IF a problem with the rifle does occur.

It takes years to nurture and build a reputable business.
To establish confidence in a brand and prodcut.
How easily all that can be blemished by poor communication and after sales service for the clients and wholesalers.

Having said the above......I would buy another Day state. ......and hope they recognise and rectify the dreadful after sales service and issues that exist.

It’s a shame that there attitude doesn’t match the quality of there products.

It’s good it arrived bill...finally!...but I understand why your a little miffed :thumbsdown:
N

Not miffed anymore Mark......no point dwelling on it.
Hopefully they will improve mate:thumbsup:

I mentioned it in the sense that a lot of shooting forums are dismissive of anything Turkish/Chinese/Spanish built yet the gun smiths opinion was that some of the foreign built kit was as good or certainly as reliable if not as beautiful given that they cost half as much.

Are any of you aware that you can get shooting insurance from the NFU starting at around £18 per year?

I am yes. But am sure (don’t quote me on it:D) that Basc offer more coverage. Also the main factor for me is basc is almost on my doorstep so I have the pleasure of dealing with people face to face. And there a helpful bunch ystranc :thumbsup:

@38thfoot

Nothing wrong with the Chinese rifles at all 38.......I own two of them.
I used one to knock some fence post's in.......and the other to mix the concrete........they do have their place :whistle:;)

I am yes. But am sure (don’t quote me on it:D) that Basc offer more coverage. Also the main factor for me is basc is almost on my doorstep so I have the pleasure of dealing with people face to face. And there a helpful bunch ystranc :thumbsup:
I'm in a similar situation with the NFU but I found that for FAC it was very similar cover.

Back