• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
DBS "Elite" 3-9x40 AO IR MD Scope Review

Review DBS "Elite" 3-9x40 AO IR MD Scope Review

Coypu Hunter

Very Obsessed
Coypu Hunter submitted a new resource:

DBS "Elite" 3-9x40 AO IR MD Scope Review - Value-for-money riflescope

I recently bought a Leapers clone badged by DB Schietsport, the Dutch airgunning shop where I bought my HW85. It's called the DBS Elite 3-9X40, has an AO ring on the objective lens, and an illuminated reticle (red or green, five brightness settings for each) with a mildot centre to it. It uses a one-inch tube, and costs 79.95 Euros (55.90 sterling, US$85) plus 20 Euros shipping, for a total of 99.95 Euros, 69.90 sterling/US$106.

So why did I buy it? Well, I wanted a sturdy scope that would put up with the kick of the 16 fpe HW85 without falling to pieces, but which has a finer reticle than the Hawke Sport HD that I've used on the rifle to date. The Sport is a solid scope, and has retained its zero, but the blobby mildot markings are a little too large to shoot small targets with precision at or beyond 33 yards.

Read more about this resource...

Thanks for an interesting read; at first I thought it was a windup. I read the supplier as "Scheitsport" and not Schietsport". Oops!

And sunshade threw me until I realised it was just like a camera lens-hood.

Just a newbie beginner you see; despite my length of years.

Thanks a lot for going to the trouble of posting a first class review.

Chris :)

No worries.

FYI the scope is still going strong, after putting a couple of thousand rounds through the 16 fpe springer it sits on, so it seems to be pretty bomb-proof. ;)

Back