• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
DD Frontline Hammock

Review DD Frontline Hammock

Kernowek Scouser

Quite Addicted
Kernowek Scouser submitted a new resource:

DD Frontline Hammock - Dual Breathable Layers And Mosquito Net

So the weather and my snuffles improved today, to the point where I could get out and try my new hammock in surroundings it was meant for.

For anyone unfamiliar with the hammock I'll begin with a few quick specifications.

View attachment 13398

Name: DD Frontline Hammock.
Size: 2.7m x 1.4m.
Weight: 850g.
Colour: Olive Green.
Features: Dual Breathable Layers (Velcro fastenings, both sides), Mosquito Net (zip fastening, both sides), Internal...

Read more about this resource...

Nice read mate,
question for ya. Do the zips stop close enough together to stop midges getting in inbetween??? On the pic' it looks like a tiny gap? I know the lower zip is not fullu closed, but wondered what your thoughts are???
Richard

Its completely midge proof and i have used mine in a midge infested wood A little tip when in that type of habitat try to get up early as possible/if its breezy your fine and if its raining your fine the midge like humid still weather.

Its completely midge proof and i have used mine in a midge infested wood A little tip when in that type of habitat try to get up early as possible/if its breezy your fine and if its raining your fine the midge like humid still weather.
Thats good, thanks woodstock. I'm thinking of getting the travel hammock so I can use it as a bivi under a tarp from time to time, any thoughts? DD say it's good for that. That way I can sell my light weight tent and just have a tarp and a hammock that I can use on the ground or in the trees??

Cheers
Richard

It's the way to go Rich, I first used a hammock back in the summer and I wont go back to a tent for sure. some of the best nights sleep I have had is in the hammock. My Hammock also sets up on the ground as a tent if you found yourself somewhere with no trees.
Just make sure it has a waterproof bottom layer for when its set up on the ground. ;)

If you need to buy a tarp go for the bigger one, IMHO the army type are just too small for the bigger hammocks on the market today.
I got the 3m x 4.5m and find it perfect, covers my hammock well and loads of room to store your kit and big enough to sit under with all your kit around you if the heavens open up.

I've already got the 3x3 tarp! A little smaller than you suggest mate, but I guess I can always set it up diamond style? Been reading some reviews about the travel version and people complain about condensation alot...... I might just go with the frontline and carry a small base sheet to go under if needed?

What make is yours Gazo?

Richard
It's the way to go Rich, I first used a hammock back in the summer and I wont go back to a tent for sure. some of the best nights sleep I have had is in the hammock. My Hammock also sets up on the ground as a tent if you found yourself somewhere with no trees.
Just make sure it has a waterproof bottom layer for when its set up on the ground. ;)

If you need to buy a tarp go for the bigger one, IMHO the army type are just too small for the bigger hammocks on the market today.
I got the 3m x 4.5m and find it perfect, covers my hammock well and loads of room to store your kit and big enough to sit under with all your kit around you if the heavens open up.

DD also do a snakeskin which allows you to put up and take down your hammock without it touching the ground a very worthwhile buy

Back