• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
DD Hammocks 3x3 Tarp

Review DD Hammocks 3x3 Tarp

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
Its my go to shelter, I have the UL version though, the original came with a few flaws so yet sent a new one out with no quibbles plus a bit of gear for the inconvenience, have used DDhammocks for years, had many a tarp and hammock that for one reason or another I've moved on or gave to Son of, always happy with them and great delivery times, more often than not next day.

The other half bought me th 4x4.... used it a few time and it’s braw....haven’t got round to experimenting with different setups yet.

Edited

Would definitely give DD tarps 9 out of 10 through using one and others opinions

@G1ZmO nice review buddy :thumbsup:

Last edited:
730D39F4-C247-416E-BD8D-19544EA234E0.jpeg

This appears to be a popular set up with the 3x3 , fits two with gear inside , done with a 4x4 it will be palatial 👍

View attachment 18131

This appears to be a popular set up with the 3x3 , fits two with gear inside , done with a 4x4 it will be palatial 👍

Aye, used this set up, think it would be a bit tight for 2 with big bags but it works a treat.

Message_1521912620377.jpg

Me and Smurf's matching set up, up Saline hill a wee while back. Mine's is the slack one, was mid tensioning when I took the phot. They're really versatile bits of gear. Not much use in midgie season right enough.

Aye, used this set up, think it would be a bit tight for 2 with big bags but it works a treat.

View attachment 18132

Me and Smurf's matching set up, up Saline hill a wee while back. Mine's is the slack one, was mid tensioning when I took the phot. They're really versatile bits of gear. Not much use in midgie season right enough.

Minted mate.... av still to learn this stuff

Good review Paul & thanks for taking the time to do it ! :thumbsup:

I have had mine for several years & it is still doing the job I bought it to do admirably as is the 4x4 version

I have used them in all sorts of weather & they take everything that is thrown at them whilst still coming back for more

I am amazed that something so thin can keep you dry when the rain belts down for hours on end

A solid bit of kit that everyone should own at least one of ! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Bam
Minted mate.... av still to learn this stuff

Honestly mate, they're surprisingly simple, have a look at one of the youtube tutorials and have a play. Make sure you put the 'spine' from front to back rather than side to side but apart from that they're a doddle mate.

Honestly mate, they're surprisingly simple, have a look at one of the youtube tutorials and have a play. Make sure you put the 'spine' from front to back rather than side to side but apart from that they're a doddle mate.

Just watch the TA outdoor tutorial a minute ago. Am definitely practicing that in the back 👍 Hopefully only take me a few go’s

I pitched mine with the suspension loops to the underside with the intention of using my bug bivvy, same one as Rob's, couldn't be bothered in the end but would work with a bit of tweaking.

Back