• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

DD tarp 3x3

I experienced what Bill is talking about on Sunday while packing up. A frost covered tarp stuffed inside a non-drybag which then leaked moisture into the rucksack.

So, the conclusion is that a WET 3x3 will fit in a 3L dry-bag, or what?
Same question applies to a DD 4x4?

Then I'll buy some drybags for Galloway.... :)

A bit tricky on your own right enough but if there's two of you, you can shake a lot of the rain or frost off. Just spit balling as I've never tried it but I suppose you could tie one side to something and shake the other end to shift moisture ??????

Inside my Bergan is a tough wheelie bin liner into which I pack all my kit. Some items like the sleeping bag go into their own drysack. I then roll the top of the liner up, and cinch the draw cord of the Bergan closed. I then fold the wet tarp in half then half again, roll it up into a sausage shape and lay it under the top flap of my Bergan.
The ends of the 'sausage' protrude clear of the top flap and hang down, letting any water drip clear. That's my prescribed method if I want to move out fairly quickly and not have to ponce about trying to stuff a wet tarp into it's bag.

I do like to carry a few spare plastic bags generally, I do forget the odd time but a few spare gash sacks/shopping bags are always handy.

Back