• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

DD tarp 3x3

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Have got one and yep very good did buy a dry bag far to but far too big , what size would be best.

Iirc mine is in a five litre but mine is the superlite tarp.

3x3 tarp in stuffed-in original bag inside 8l Alpkit dry bag .
DEBAC123-C0C7-4128-A2DD-41482A4EE9F9.jpeg

I see where you're going now Rob, I've never bothered putting it in a dry sack, I tend to cram in extra lengths of paracord, bungey loops (designed for eyelets) and extra pegs etc. If you can squeeze it down that makes sense though.

They are a bonus if you are packing away wet or covered in frost and want to get away before everything melts or dries off a tad.
I use a 35ltr dry bag for my Tatonka Pollycotton Bungalow shelter.......main tarp and two sides......fits well......plus pegs etc.
Quicker to fold the Pollycotton rather than try to stuff it in the bag......different beast :)

I experienced what Bill is talking about on Sunday while packing up. A frost covered tarp stuffed inside a non-drybag which then leaked moisture into the rucksack.

So, the conclusion is that a WET 3x3 will fit in a 3L dry-bag, or what?
Same question applies to a DD 4x4?

Then I'll buy some drybags for Galloway.... :)

I experienced what Bill is talking about on Sunday while packing up. A frost covered tarp stuffed inside a non-drybag which then leaked moisture into the rucksack.

So, the conclusion is that a WET 3x3 will fit in a 3L dry-bag, or what?
Same question applies to a DD 4x4?

Then I'll buy some drybags for Galloway.... :)

No not in a 3l

Mine fits nicely in a 8l Alpkit dry bag or an exped size small . I would go with the Alpkit if you want to pack a wet tarp into it .

The 3l were to show comparison to the bag it comes in . You’d struggle to get a dry one into the 3l never mind a wet one 😳

@G1ZmO

Might be worth hedging your bets Paul.....go for a 15l if in doubt.
It will roll up after all.....and the extra space if you have it would not do any harm :thumbsup:

Back