• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Debm.

Big Red

Quite Addicted
Now, I know we are all precious about our homeland, I know I am. Being Devonshire born and bred, strong in the arm and thick in the head, I am very, very proud of my county and love to get around it as much as we can.

Yesterday we had a late breakfast at Base Camp on the very edge of open Moorland.
C96CC4B6-BAE7-401B-B865-D8FBC19A47AF.jpeg

Then I took the dug, Shitbags the huge ESS, for a spin on the Moor, for hour or two.

E3B56939-C960-49F1-A107-E8CF08F3F369.jpeg
C245C1AD-AFC5-43C5-99C1-CD39A4766807.jpeg

Just 45 mins away we had a fish supper at Blackpool Sands.

168E98CC-F307-4AD0-BD43-436FA5ED1B48.jpeg

Got home, on the southern edge of Dartmoor, to this sunset……..Proper job. 👍😀
A33E52BD-C560-4B64-8016-9B49801E35A1.jpeg

Devon, would I live anywhere else……..Would I buggery. 👍😀

Attachments

• 54598D0C-399E-4B7C-9991-3016EB1CD556.jpeg
    54598D0C-399E-4B7C-9991-3016EB1CD556.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 38
We certainly are very fortunate to live in Devon.......would not like to move away and live somewhere else in the country.
Having said that.....with the exception of Cyprus or Spain maybe Portugal :whistle::rofl:

Nice photo's :thumbsup:
Interesting, and got me thinking. 🤔

There are two places that feature high on my list, one is Western Australia a couple of hours south of Perth. The second is South Africa, THE most amazing country I have ever visited, been there twice for month breaks. BUT and here is the “But” if only it was politically and racially stable, which it isn’t, it is such a shame, because it is very easy to fall in love with the place. So that is SA out of the equation.......Sadly.

But I must confess to a secret passion, a love in fact..........Brittany! Absolutely love Brittany. Just a jaunt from Plymouth, and you have the best, apart from Dartmoor, of Devon and Cornwall with a quarter of the population. If I could get a grip of French, that is where I would live, even now. We try to get there at lease 3 times a year, and just love it, Cap Suzin being right up there........The Bass fishing is off the scale!

Right !!! Bags are packed kids and wife kissed goodbye !!!

Am on my wayyyyyyy😂😂

Cracking pictures Mike 👍🏻👍🏻 Tight lines buddy 👍🏻

Great pictures stunning sunset, remind me of a South African sunset in ways, I know how you feel about it and true what you say, of only they could sort their problems out, alas, I don't think that will ever happen.

Back