• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
Defiant Precision Airgun Pellet Review

Review Defiant Precision Airgun Pellet Review

Gambo

Slightly Talkative
Gambo submitted a new resource:

Defiant Precision Airgun Pellet Review - Review Of The Defiant Precision Airgun Pellet

I have been trialling these pellets recently, and I have to say, I am impressed with both their manufacturing quality, and their accuracy.

As most people know, finding a pellet which is suitable in one gun, may not be so suitable in another gun, even one of the same make and model, so please bear that in mind when reading this review.

Manufacturing Quality
These pellets (well more like air bullets really), are REALLY well made. Each is...

Read more about this resource...

I bought 12 boxes from Bob/R .177 7.5gn in a selection of head sizes.Not for windy conditions but for everything else they are great.I’ve tried them in Theoben, HW and AA in most cases you can easily compare accuracy with AA field. Obviously different sizes help suitability for different barrels in terms of floppy, medium and tight fit which is good for the selection of shooters I’ve mentioned. In a poor man’s test I didn’t find any significant accuracy differences in head sizes either.It’s probably better to have them too loose than too tight so you don’t get nasty little bits of lead sprinkled inside your TX’s loading port.If these are the same price as your normal pellet choice I couldn’t really see a good reason for swapping but mine when I bought them certainly were a lot cheaper direct from Bob in London.Another advantage I’ve found simply because they are lighter is with a brand new gun the running in period is much kinder with these. And power is likely to increase to slightly higher levels. Like those damn frog motors that can maintain such silly high speeds on the auto routes simply because their engines ran in at higher speeds!!Also these are harder pellets that penetrate deeper and if you are used to average FPS figures with your average pellet weight these are turbo powered at only 7.5gn. So be warned.If you can buy them and save a couple of quid a tin on your normal brand and have the spare cash to buy 12 boxes at 1000 a box go for it!!

Back