• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

did santa bring you any new kit ??

A watch and a Monocular.
Like Chris Eubank šŸ˜² 29D7CDEA-1A69-4796-82B4-0C5A12FA0C9C.jpeg

had a few items of new kit for Christmas :thumbsup:

british army issue basha in muticam (to youse as a ground sheet )
some half decent socks
nice pair leather gloves

all in all some nice additions to to QM stores :cool:
a few more items to add to the list :cool:

A new ridge line lamp for inside the shelter
a pair of Rab tent boots ( posh slippers )

also treated my self to a new air bed with a fairly good r rating (should be perfect for the snowey climate )

Last edited:
a few more items to add to the list :cool:

A new ridge line lamp for inside the shelter
a pair of Rab tent boots ( posh slippers )

also treated my self to a new air bed with a high r rating (should be perfect for the snowey climate )
What air bed did you go for ?

Excellent Choice :thumbsup:
Is it? I'm not wholly convinced with bivvying, when some tents are now so compact, if that's what's wanted. And getting in/out looks a bit of a hassle....a long waterproof side zip could make a huge difference?
And yet I remain curious to have a try....and the reviews of the Hunka and your comment, seem to suggest it's a good thing :D

Is it? I'm not wholly convinced with bivvying, when some tents are now so compact, if that's what's wanted. And getting in/out looks a bit of a hassle....a long waterproof side zip could make a huge difference?
And yet I remain curious to have a try....and the reviews of the Hunka and your comment, seem to suggest it's a good thing :D

Bivvies have there place , I guess they do not replace tents and some people don't get on with them for that very reason . I don't bivvy exclusively but do enjoy using one in certain situations . I'm a man of a certain age and a zip is a godsend , I have one fitted into an army surplus bivvy bag and have a zip to have fitted to my Hunka at some point.

Not for everyone but give it a go , you'll not be out of pocket with the Hunka XL if you mange a few trips in it .

Reactions: lol
Back