• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

did santa bring you any new kit ??

If you're a man of a certain age.......I'm a man of a very unsure age!!!:rofl::rofl:

It should arrive in a couple of days.....

A late Christmas pressie or two...
IMG_20220114_201108.jpg
IMG_20220114_201121.jpg
IMG_20220114_201138.jpg
IMG_20220114_201145.jpg

Well I finally had a quick go at making a stool. Very poor attempt! The auger doesn't work well on the wood I have and difficult to get it to cut at an angle.
IMG_20220129_154332_1.jpg
Maybe needs to be fresh cut wood. The stool will be used on the wood burner tonight. I would not rush to buy another tool like this.

Well I finally had a quick go at making a stool. Very poor attempt! The auger doesn't work well on the wood I have and difficult to get it to cut at an angle.View attachment 41419 Maybe needs to be fresh cut wood. The stool will be used on the wood burner tonight. I would not rush to buy another tool like this.
An honest appraisal, worth a go though 👍

Good effort Dick :thumbsup:....I think I can see what you mean about the angle.....the lead screw could do with being a tad longer?
You could always try going in straight to start off with......and then increase the angle once you get a bite in the timber.....just guessing 🤔

Back