• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Different to baby wipes

One of the issues outlined to me by a plumber is that toilet paper disintegrates through the force of moving through the drains. Even if they eventually biodegrade, wet wipes etc stay in one piece which makes them more likely to snag and cause blockages.

The ones I use in the link above are as easy to rip as toilet paper mate. Plus my lovely little girl decided to play with a pack in the shower :eek:let’s just say there was a lot of mush all over the floor:evileye::D

Another natural alternative if you frequent the same camp sites near a watercourse would be to transplant a few plugs of soapwort into some place where it won't get trampled. If you pick a handful and rub/bruise/roll it into a ball it gives off a natural soapy solution that you can wash or launder with.
image.jpeg

As long as the" Orchestra stalls" and "Farmers grass" are clean I am happy to use wet wipes in the outdoors..... Burn them after use :thumbsup::)

As long as the" Orchestra stalls" and "Farmers grass" are clean I am happy to use wet wipes in the outdoors..... Burn them after use :thumbsup::)

Depends how long you're away but if its for a night or two then imodium can be your friend. :)
I'm a cat who normally enjoys their morning ablutions but by preference its on the throne with something to read.

Regarding cleanliness saw a tip on a truck camping tube video (where weight and volume is less important than if you’re carrying it yourself).

Basically the guy had a litre sized bottle which he made up a soapy solution (1 part shower gel to about 40 parts water) so he always had soapy water to quickly rinse his hands. His objective was to stop transferring dirt from truck exterior/fire place/ food to the inside of his truck but would work well for a static camp or even the allotment!

Back