• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Do you guys use hydration packs? This is mine

I think in hot areas that is surely a good option, because it is easy to carry several liters.

But disposable bottles do not break!
You can throw them on the ground without any damage! An normally you have them protected in the ruck sack!

(Appel juice in Sigg bottles is a necessary part of every bad education in the childhood from children with helikopter parents. But independent and adult well informed people should not do this idiotic nonsense! :eek:)

I think in hot areas that is surely a good option, because it is easy to carry several liters.

But disposable bottles do not break!
You can throw them on the ground without any damage! An normally you have them protected in the ruck sack!

(Appel juice in Sigg bottles is a necessary part of every bad education in the childhood from children with helikopter parents. But independent and adult well informed people should not do this idiotic nonsense! :eek:)
Experienced bushcrafters should know how much water they will use in a given time and only take what they require plus half a litre

Experienced bushcrafters should know how much water they will use in a given time and only take what they require plus half a litre
Personally I dislike Hydration packs as i have had many leak during hikes and ruin everything else inside of my pack I've swapped to Water bottles

You can buy a mod surplus camelback clean it and it is probably going to last you a long time.

Mines been thrown out the back of helicopters and trucks, sat on and broken my fall when I've summersaulted down a road off my motorbike and it's still going strong!

Disposable drinks bottles can and do break; I've seen it happen.

Ultimately it's personal choice.

This plastic beer bottle I am carrying with me since round about 150 years.

Somehow the beer became powdered, but the bottle is still fine, as you can see!

WP_20180123_21_20_43_Pro.jpg

You can buy a mod surplus camelback clean it and it is probably going to last you a long time.

Mines been thrown out the back of helicopters and trucks, sat on and broken my fall when I've summersaulted down a road off my motorbike and it's still going strong!

Disposable drinks bottles can and do break; I've seen it happen.

Ultimately it's personal choice.

Yeah ive had water bottle issues before but i use metal ones now as they are less likely to split/crack open

I don't know, what kind of plastic bottles you have in Britain in the supermarkets.

In Germany we have a deposit system with ultra tough bottles and one with lighter ones, in France the bottles are thinner than both.
I never managed to break one.

If a tower of bottle packs comes down from a lorry, hitting at the ground, they should survive it. They are constructed for this.

I don't know, what kind of plastic bottles you have in Britain in the supermarkets.

In Germany we have a deposit system with ultra tough bottles and one with lighter ones, in France the bottles are thinner than both.
I never managed to break one.

If a tower of bottle packs comes down from a lorry, hitting at the ground, they should survive it. They are constructed for this.
Yeah they will survive but i bought a reusable 1 that was empty when bought and when it took impact once it smashed

Yeah they will survive but i bought a reusable 1 that was empty when bought and when it took impact once it smashed
As stated earlier I use empty milk containers and have never had one burst yet

And they dont break?
I dropped a shopping bag once and it burst haha
Yes it probably did...........because it was full. If I use a 1.5 litre bottle only 1 litre of water goes into it, That cushion of air makes a big diference

Back