• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Does anyone have any recommendations for hammocks

Got me worried now , will be off out to check them šŸ«£
A few years ago my neighbour and I put up a wooden fence with concreted in wooden posts. We soaked 18 inches of the post in old engine oil for 24 hours and as far as I know they haven't rotted off

The standard method is to bed the base of the post into six inches of fine hardcore before adding the concrete so that the water will have an opportunity to drain from around the wood.
The trick with old motor oil works best when mixed with chimney soot from a coal fire and allowed to steep, it makes a kind of poor manā€™s creosote but itā€™s a total ecological disaster.

Well the Hennessy explorer deluxe XL Asym zip arrived today, Iā€™ve never owned anything with so many bits to its nameā€¦apparently good for fat b*stards up to 136kgā€¦.should do me fine.
The easy up rappel rings either end make hanging this thing an absolute doddle but it takes up a huge amount of space, I need a full fifteen feet between trees.

Back