• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Does anyone know what this pack is?

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
I'd really like to find out more about it including origin and approximate age. I think there must be at least 3 external straps missing along with 3 of the tiny retaining straps off the buckles.
The shoulder straps are dark brown full grain leather as is the base of the bag. The upper part is green plasticised fabric.
I bought it for carrying bunnies but now I think it might be too nice to wreck.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I'd really like to find out more about it including origin and approximate age. I think there must be at least 3 external straps missing along with 3 of the tiny retaining straps off the buckles.
The shoulder straps are dark brown full grain leather as is the base of the bag. The upper part is green plasticised fabric.
I bought it for carrying bunnies but now I think it might be too nice to wreck.View attachment 17201View attachment 17202View attachment 17203View attachment 17204View attachment 17205View attachment 17206View attachment 17207View attachment 17208View attachment 17209View attachment 17210

Yup! It’s a leather wan ;)

What a cracking find.
You've given me an Idea @Ystranc . I've got one of the more modern Swedish packs languishing in the back of the shed I never really liked it. I might pull it out and see what I can do with it.

Last edited:
There not really my cup of tea....but the more I see them the more I like. Nice find @Ystranc you do get your hands on some nice gear mate

Lovely vintage pack mate 👍 ........I have one of the old Telemark metal framed packs.....similar sort of thing.
They used Caribu leather for the harnesses...... Looks like the back support strap on yours is a quality Bridle leather.

Very nice find. :)

I saw one of those packs with the reindeer/caribou hide flaps at the weekend as well but it was too rich for me. I'm still lamenting not buying one when you could still get them for £50

So that explains what the extra fixings on the top are all about. In that case it's just a couple of loops on the buckles that are missing. I think I might sell it though and buy a game bag instead rather than wreck it by carrying bunnies in it. Like LOL said, "it's waaay too nice for bunnies"
Thank you for your help guys.

WAAAY too nice for bunnies...….a bit of bale twine suffices there 👍
Could it be Italian? Just a guess as not dissimilar (pattern) to Italian Mountain packs on some surplus sites:confused:
Possibly Austrian or Italian

Back