• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Doggies

He's going in tomorrow to get a little dart shaped piece of skin taken off around it. Hopefully we get the rest of him back. We've noticed he gets tired much more quickly and has developed a cough if anything gets him excited enough to play,
We're obviously upset but have had time to get our heads around the fact we're losing him.

He's going in tomorrow to get a little dart shaped piece of skin taken off around it. Hopefully we get the rest of him back. We've noticed he gets tired much more quickly and has developed a cough if anything gets him excited enough to play,
We're obviously upset but have had time to get our heads around the fact we're losing him.
Never a good time as I know all to well

@Ystranc

we had a bull terrier called Harvey he developed a cough and was "fatigued " at times and it turned out he had a heart issue ... the vet put him on meds and we got another 3 good years out of him before he passed in his sleep :( Harvey is the one on the far left of the pictures (of three) bullys that i posted earlier on this thread

@Ystranc

we had a bull terrier called Harvey he developed a cough and was "fatigued " at times and it turned out he had a heart issue ... the vet put him on meds and we got another 3 good years out of him before he passed in his sleep :( Harvey is the one on the far left of the pictures (of three) bullys that i posted earlier on this thread
Yes beau also has a very slight heart murmur which has been there all along as an additional worry each time he has an anaesthetic...it's hard to believe when you see him buggering about with Shadow the recent rescue. He is at his happiest when he's laid out in the sun or on his back on the sofa in a pose that we call "dissected frog", never the most active dog even when he was young but he could run like the wind when he chose to. These days he just follows quietly to heel (making the other dog owners jealous of his good behaviour, if only they knew)
Many people ask me how I got him to act so calmly...šŸ˜• I would love to see a bit of his young dog naughtiness right now. That is why Sid and Shadow have been a breath of fresh air. (Only metaphorically because Sid smelled of badger shit most of the time)

I have had a few dogs over the years, but my favourite was a malinois dog called Sam, he was awesome. Would have another dog in an instant, but not with little one running amok! I'm not worried about having dogs around her I'm worried about her being around the dogs! She would pester them to death

I have had a few dogs over the years, but my favourite was a malinois dog called Sam, he was awesome. Would have another dog in an instant, but not with little one running amok! I'm not worried about having dogs around her I'm worried about her being around the dogs! She would pester them to death

A was really lucky, my girls and my lad really never bothered to much with our dogs, but I understand what you mean, weā€™re holding of for a bigger dog because the kids are to young imo at the moment

Last edited:
Back