• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Draft in Russia?

Gulfalan67

Very Addicted
Just curious what you gents make of comrade Putins recent sabre rattling? I'm sucking on my morning coffee mulling the ABC news describing Comrade Ps flight to his luxury dascha in attempt to stay out of sight. Now all this could be western media spin but it does seem like poor old Vlad may have backed himself into a corner.

I recall a discussion about what Putin might do shortly after the invasion.

But now with the Ukrainians pushing from the west, with his military power base increasingly grumpy at him, and with the Russian public clearly having lost its appetite for wars of conquest, what does the Comrade do next?

Will his poor judgement continue?

Opinions?

Alan

Just curious what you gents make of comrade Putins recent sabre rattling? I'm sucking on my morning coffee mulling the ABC news describing Comrade Ps flight to his luxury dascha in attempt to stay out of sight. Now all this could be western media spin but it does seem like poor old Vlad may have backed himself into a corner.

I recall a discussion about what Putin might do shortly after the invasion.

But now with the Ukrainians pushing from the west, with his military power base increasingly grumpy at him, and with the Russian public clearly having lost its appetite for wars of conquest, what does the Comrade do next?

Will his poor judgement continue?

Opinions?

Alan
It's all gone bad for mad old Vlad but how many more young kids who are barely old enough to shave will have to die before the Russian people act?

The Danish chap from Survival Russia YT channel stated that only those who were being called up were those with military experience.
Whether true or not, bear in mind that we're being fed only one a one-sided viewpoint. There is, and has been, plenty of suspect stuff going on in Ukraine that the mainstream media is unwilling to (or has been told not to) mention.

Wouldn't put it past him to bomb one of his own bases/ nuke facilities/ towns to push for a big retaliation.
As far as I know he's ex KGB with a lot of his ex KGB comrads close to him, who have all been getting quite wealthy dealing with western concerns. They will stop supporting him when they can't get to their wealth. The frozen accounts will be an inconvenience atm most of their money will be in hidden accounts and bullion or assets in the motherland.

The Danish chap from Survival Russia YT channel stated that only those who were being called up were those with military experience.
Whether true or not, bear in mind that we're being fed only one a one-sided viewpoint. There is, and has been, plenty of suspect stuff going on in Ukraine that the mainstream media is unwilling to (or has been told not to) mention.
They’ve also been calling up elderly and disabled men but not drafting the sons of politicians or Putin’s oligarch mates. Most of the draftees, (a disproportionate number) are from poor rural districts in the East. A lot depends on the local party officialdom as to how fair or how efficient the process is. Russian government is still stuck in the mindset of quotas..I have a feeling that most of the “military experience” was as a poorly paid and virtually untrained conscript which is hardly the same as being a professional soldier.

Conscripted forces generally don't do well against a well trained volunteer force.
I think he's hoping for the success that was had against the Germans a few years ago. Difference is then they were defending their homelands and not attacking a neighbour.

Good morning, Paul, one news channel showed an interview with a young man who had a degree in physics but NO military experience. He was hiding out at an undisclosed Moscow location because he'd received his call up papers

Back