• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Dream woodland for sale near me

Ystranc

Administrator
Staff member
It's on the market for around £200,000 and is 38 acres of mixed mature conifer and ancient oak woodland, it even has a rather cool shack. You can see the proportion of softwoods from the satelite photo below. It's on the wish list for if I win the lottery. All sporting rights are still attached.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks brilliant but a bit out of my budget, I've got half an eye on some woods near me for sale that are a lot smaller but more affordable. It would have to be an inheritance thing though and even then I'm not sure 'er indoors would be keen.

Looks brilliant but a bit out of my budget, I've got half an eye on some woods near me for sale that are a lot smaller but more affordable. It would have to be an inheritance thing though and even then I'm not sure 'er indoors would be keen.
Oh go on Andy...you know you want to, you could get the dog walker to try and hide it while the OH is out at work. :whistle: You could then sell the idea to the Mrs as somewhere to store all your excess kit.

Lovely! If that's a stream bottom right hand corner of photo, I take it the wood is on a slope generally, not just where the Cabin is built, perhaps?

Oh go on Andy...you know you want to, you could get the dog walker to try and hide it while the OH is out at work. :whistle: You could then sell the idea to the Mrs as somewhere to store all your excess kit.

The slight flaw in the cunning plan is I don't have access to a spare circa 40k. I've planted the seed with the missus though and when we take the dugs out to woods that they love (and woods do seem to be their fave, lots of good sniffies) how good it could be to have our own wood where the dugs could roam free (with a barely clothed fat man). She knows she'd barely see me so if I can piss her off enough, she might go for it. Mwah ha ha ha.

Lovely! If that's a stream bottom right hand corner of photo, I take it the wood is on a slope generally, not just where the Cabin is built, perhaps?
The cabin has a spring water supply nearby, the river running across the south of the wood is a tributary of the River Towy. The wood is adjacent to a nature reserve called Poor Mans Wood just to the East of Llandovery between the A40 and A483. Access is year round across a narrow ford. this place is a total dream......and dream it must remain because I'm not in a position to take on 200K of debt.

Reactions: Bam
The cabin has a spring water supply nearby, the river running across the south of the wood is a tributary of the River Towy. The wood is adjacent to a nature reserve called Poor Mans Wood just to the East of Llandovery between the A40 and A483. Access is year round across a narrow ford. this place is a total dream......and dream it must remain because I'm not in a position to take on 200K of debt.

It sounds fantastic, if it was just me, I'd have something like that, even if it was on a smaller scale. Convention and a suburban missus dictate otherwise. :(

I don't suppose the national lock down has much effect on woodland sales of that size and price, apart from travel to view of course. I was in the very early stages of selling my very small piece of woodland in Sussex when all the chaos began. A chap who ran Bush Craft courses was interested in buying it and I had just started to think about sorting out a Solicitor to draw up a simple agreement, when lock down began.

From the tone of correspondence with my potential buyer since lock down, it sounds as if he is unfortunately out of business or about to go out of business as a viable Bush Craft School. He was renting woodland I know, and all the Spring and Summer courses lined up were cancelled. I'm pretty sure he had only another part time job for income.

Shame, a nice bloke, ex squaddie and he'd already managed to hang on as the Bush Craft boom has faded. Three Bush Craft shops close to where I used to live, one changed to Fishing tackle sales, one began selling Mountain bikes and the last one is now two young ladies who do ladies nails and stick on hair pieces!!!...:D

There were still some thriving bushcraft schools near to me but non that were bushcraft retailers. Brecon had at least five quality camping/outdoors shops before lockdown that would have been hard to compete with. This land would have suited bushcraft courses perfectly apart from the access.

It sounds fantastic, if it was just me, I'd have something like that, even if it was on a smaller scale. Convention and a suburban missus dictate otherwise. :(
Away ya go....what are you a man or a moose 😺.......cant find a moose so a cats the closest thing...right🥴

I've spent the day chopping things up and burning brash..... I think I've got that woodland out of my system...my back is telling me that I'm too old for 38 acres

Back