• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Dried Milk Powder

I use very little Milk of any description, Coffee I take Black, Tea---I prefer Chai, Humans are not designed to drink the Mammary extract of other animals:)

Even when on exercise and tour i couldnt stand powdered milk so we always pre mixed in a bottle and shook it up pre pour in to drinks seemed to taste better, but not sure wasnt just a mental thing!

Under the same circumstances I just taught myself to drink black coffee.....

Tea, white with two...real coffee black with two...cheap and nasty instant coffee, white no sugar. No real logic or reason to it, that's just how I like it. :thumbsup:
(Oh, and make sure it's a clean mug...beyond that I'm not fussy as long as it's hot)

You need to get into herbal teas, no need for milk or sugar. Mint grows so rampantly that you would never run out.

Mint tea with honey can be refreshing and is supposed to also be good for digestion. I'd still miss my morning coffee though.

There are lots of herbs you can use, fennel for aniseed flavor, lemon balm, rosemary, you can mix and match. I read a book about two sisters surviving post collapse, reusing their tea bags until there was no flavor left. They then started on anything they could find that was growing and discovered that the herbal teas were free, healthy (no caffeine) and plentiful. Preppers need a herb bed.

Have to admit 38, I feel the same. Infusions are fine, but not for me unless that is all that's available.

I'm using some very elderly earl grey tea bags at the moment I've nearly run out of normal tea, I'm a bad prepper:(

Earl Grey tea (if you have the nerve to call it that) is the Devil's brew and should be banned .....Offgrid are you American by any chance?

Now now, enough of that Harry...I'm not adverse to a nice cup of Earl Grey with lemon either and I'm so unamerican it's unbelievable.

Earl Gray was found to be a way of using up cheap tea by adding flavoring...for some reason the Yanks love it but then, what do they know about real tea. ;)

Back