• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Duke of Edinburgh

@Ark79 I have a first aid kit here that I’d like to gift to your lad to get him going on his D of E journey , it’s all in date and handy size for in his rucksack . Pm me your address and I’ll post it on Monday 👍
8CBADB32-F137-424C-AC48-B4320E3747C8.jpeg

Another wow 🤩 thanks sharp finder , very much appreciated buddy 😁😁
Aye Up Pal,

My Mrs has just pointed out that the post might complain as it is a used fuel bottle so I’m sending you a new one direct.
I see that there are now 2 colours - the original red and a nicer ( IMHO😆) olive green. I’m not sure whether DofE would require it to be red. Can you advise Rob?

Aye Up Pal,

My Mrs has just pointed out that the post might complain as it is a used fuel bottle so I’m sending you a new one direct.
I see that there are now 2 colours - the original red and a nicer ( IMHO😆) olive green. I’m not sure whether DofE would require it to be red. Can you advise Rob?

No no buddy that’s too much … fantastic offer mate but you don’t have to do that…. Not trying to sound ungrateful as I’m really grateful but I can ask you to do that sharpfinger

So I’ve just looked up the DoE scheme. Apparently they have it here in Aussie - down south in the populated jurisdictions.

I think it looks great. Getting young folks out into the bush and teaching them new skills. I can really appreciate how somebody who has advanced through the scheme would have a CV that would standout from others who haven’t. And I think bushcraft is just part of it. There is volunteering and community focused activities too.

The world needs more of this kind of thing. But from what I’m reading here, not every school or youth group has resources to run it. They should put old duffers like you lot to work -to help broaden accessibility.

Mark, delighted to read that your lad has enrolled. Maybe he could come onto this site to report on his expeditions...

What a great legacy for old Phil! RIP mate!

Alan

@Madriverrob @Sharpfinger
My apologies gents … I was supposed to post up the other day … both have arrived safely 👍🏻 They landed one Wednesday and Friday I believe lol … it’s been a mad few days so didn’t get the chance to post whe they arrived …. Thanks again lads from me and Tyrone yous are top blokes 👍🏻👍🏻👍👍🏻

He was a little confused when he opened the bottle lol , after an explanation he got it , hopefully 🙄😂

He didn’t want his face on camera, something to do with his hair 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

Attachments

• A465BE23-F6CD-465F-9EDE-BD09514AD2E5.jpeg
    A465BE23-F6CD-465F-9EDE-BD09514AD2E5.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 61
@Madriverrob @Sharpfinger
My apologies gents … I was supposed to post up the other day … both have arrived safely 👍🏻 They landed one Wednesday and Friday I believe lol … it’s been a mad few days so didn’t get the chance to post whe they arrived …. Thanks again lads from me and Tyrone yous are top blokes 👍🏻👍🏻👍👍🏻

He was a little confused when he opened the bottle lol , after an explanation he got it , hopefully 🙄😂

He didn’t want his face on camera, something to do with his hair 🤷🏼‍♂️😂

Excellent mate , lets hope it opens a door to " life in the wilderness" :thumbsup:

Back