• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Dutch oven cooking

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Have been out this weekend , knocked up a beer braided beef brisket with roasted onions in the Dutch oven , worked well and filled a gap .......

That looks ace mate. I'm in the foothills of Dutch oven cooking so looking for inspiration. Feeling inspired now. ;)

If only I could figure out how to do a Homer drooling gif....
16227 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you think, a good stainless steel pot would do the job as well as the dutch one?

They sell this pot in a camping set too, and I think about buying it.

I used only aluminium pots for camping and since a few years my 750 ml titanium mug.
So I have no idea about the other stuff.

Do you think, a good stainless steel pot would do the job as well as the dutch one?

They sell this pot in a camping set too, and I think about buying it.

I used only aluminium pots for camping and since a few years my 750 ml titanium mug.
So I have no idea about the other stuff.
The Dutch oven is heavy gauge cast iron and is designed to hold the heat Erbs

Last edited:
hear, hare, heat?

I have seen that stuff in a lot of shops in Germany.
Petromax produce Dutch ovens and together with the firehand petroleum lanterns you can see now a days this stuff every where.

It looks like as if we would have a terrasse -glamping - wave in Germany.
Safari in the own garden, you know?
Why not? Better than TV.

Does the use of this type of pots really make a difference?

Spent the morning putting another coating on my 4.5L Dutch oven and putting a first coat on a 8L red wine fuelled purchase that seemed essential at the time. :oopsy: Still waiting on the missus finding it and giving me a doing.

Spent the morning putting another coating on my 4.5L Dutch oven and putting a first coat on a 8L red wine fuelled purchase that seemed essential at the time. :oopsy: Still waiting on the missus finding it and giving me a doing.

Red...red......wi....ne... goes...to .....my hhhhead :D

Your cop’ing a hiding when she finds oot sir....Best Buy her something the noo 🤣

Back