• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Dutch oven cooking

Red...red......wi....ne... goes...to .....my hhhhead :D

Your cop’ing a hiding when she finds oot sir....Best Buy her something the noo 🤣

Aye, can't exactly claim its a first offence either. :oopsy:

I'll use her own defence against her.... "I've had it for ages..." she seems to think that's a get out of jail free. :lol:

I'll use her own defence against her.... "I've had it for ages..." she seems to think that's a get out of jail free. :lol:
But what is it

Do you think, a good stainless steel pot would do the job as well as the dutch one?

They sell this pot in a camping set too, and I think about buying it.

I used only aluminium pots for camping and since a few years my 750 ml titanium mug.
So I have no idea about the other stuff.

I got rid of all my cast iron pots and pans, they are too labour intensive, a pain in the ass. Stainless steel works just as well and is easy to keep clean.

I've got a full set of Le Creuset pots and pans at home but to be honest I rarely use them...they do look nice on the shelves :)

Ah beat them at there own game ;) still havny managed to perfect this :D my wide’o a mean my wife has tho :evileye:

Ah beat them at there own game ;) still havny managed to perfect this :D my wide’o a mean my wife has tho :evileye:

I wouldn't say I've fully mastered the art yet, probably never will but my fall back plan is to say I got the bigger one for making bread if need be and she's the baker.... och I'm clutching at straws really, I'll be nabbed at some point.

Haven’t used one myself. I will get one eventually :D
They're excellent Mark, used like a slow cooker you can put your stew on in the morning and stick your pot on the edge of the embers and leave it to simmer all day. Use it to pot roast a joint etc

Bam initially go for the ready made dough mix and just add water

Cheers, I've seen guys doing different recipes and I fancy a play. My missus is a bit of a baker, she does good bread/rolls, so I'll be picking her brain. Just need an excuse to get out and use it again....... SMURF !!!!!

just go for it, just like life its a learning curve. Just make sure you cure the pot correctly

just go for it, just like life its a learning curve. Just make sure you cure the pot correctly

The wee one is well cured, the big one got its first coat today. I do like the idea right back in the thread about putting a flan tray in with holes in it, I'll be procuring a pan to put the holes in, no point nicking one from the missus, I've already established I'm on rocky ground...

The wee one is well cured, the big one got its first coat today. I do like the idea right back in the thread about putting a flan tray in with holes in it, I'll be procuring a pan to put the holes in, no point nicking one from the missus, I've already established I'm on rocky ground...
And those rocks might be big

Back