• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Dutch oven

38thfoot

Very Addicted
Distant but local elderly relatives were clearing out their garage prior to moving home.

I was given this, brand new and unused (it still has its polystyrene transit packaging on the feet.

needs seasoning so I’ve some research to do and then away we go!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 49
Nice find what size is it litres wise? I've never had much success seasoning cast iron.

Distant but local elderly relatives were clearing out their garage prior to moving home.

I was given this, brand new and unused (it still has its polystyrene transit packaging on the feet.

needs seasoning so I’ve some research to do and then away we go!
Nice catch … loads of recipes about …love cooking with mine …

Wash it, dry it, oil it up with either animal or vegetable fat and shove it in the oven at 170 degrees Centigrade for an hour and a half then switch off the oven and allow it to cool slowly in the oven. After that you should never use soap on it ever again.
Job done.

Seeing that makes me wish I still had mine, I sold it a while back because I just wasn't using it.

Back