• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

E-Bikes... touring and camping.

Had a go at loading the pack on the bike this morning.
Tried standing it on the wrack at first.....funny as fek.... did not like the pack upright......centre of gravity not good at all...so laid it down on the wrack instead....felt much better....and is more managable.
Hopefully out for a test run later on..... to see if it holds fast or not .

20220823_110546.jpg

May need tweeking a tad....we shall see.

Yes mate.....had a look at a few.....being a 20 inch wheel most of the pannier sets lay against the gear arm assembly on the back wheel (not good)..... and are so small you cant get much in them anyway :rolleyes:
Going to persevere with the pack and see how it goes.......before I move to plan "B"

Looks not to bad bill, as you say a few tweaks and you should be Braw 👍🏻,,, tho that blue helmet needs horns on it yi Ken 😁

Well.....after a 9.3 mile cycle ride with my queen.....happy to say that the pack stayed firm......no re-tightening needed.....happy with that :)
I was thinking I may have to invest in a single wheeled trailer.....but all is well for now.
Noticed no difference with the bike handling and the added weight made no difference to the power assist.

Had to pick up some supplies 🤣

20220824_120921.jpg

Jobs a good'un.

Well.....after a 9.3 mile cycle ride with my queen.....happy to say that the pack stayed firm......no re-tightening needed.....happy with that :)
I was thinking I may have to invest in a single wheeled trailer.....but all is well for now.
Noticed no difference with the bike handling and the added weight made no difference to the power assist.

Had to pick up some supplies 🤣

View attachment 115480

Jobs a good'un.

Just wondering if the chemist is a film star or if the film star is a chemist ? :D

Spot on billy’o 👍🏻 Smart looking bike mate 😁

Cheers Mark :thumbsup: ....we are getting used to..... and enjoying them now.
There might be an opportunity to rid the bike of the "after burners" :rolleyes: and the pack set up.....found a pannier set that might fit the bike a treat......so much tidier :whistle::rofl:

Last edited:
Cheers Mark :thumbsup: ....we are getting used to..... and enjoying them now.
There might be an opportunity to rid the bike of the "after burners" :rolleyes: and the pack set up.....found a pannier set that might fit the bike a treat......so much tidier :whistle::rofl:

I think they look the part Mucker 😂 Also! Just in case you get stuck they would provide a good leverage point to be wheelbarrowed out of the situation 🤔 never mind me mate am just jealous I don’t have one 😁😁

Almost bought 2 petrol scooters off gumytree the other week based on this thread 😂but the lad won’t shift from his price lol, I got the long and very uncomfortable but understood stare from Sharon so probably for the best 😂

The Pannier set turned up and after having a good look over it......it looks to be O.K. for the money :)
Three bags in all one left one right and the top bag that doubles as a small pack for shopping around town.....absolutely solid fit....no fear of bits falling off ( of the bags I mean:sneaky: )
The pack I was using was a 70ltr........the panniers work out to the same volume overall.
The panniers seem to have swallowed the kit with a little room to spare 🤔
They fit perfectly on the bike with no fear of catching the spokes or interfering with the gear mechanism.....result.
Comes with a waterproof cover to keep everything dry in heavy rain.
Going to be a dream camping from the set up.
20220826_132832.jpg
20220826_132751.jpg

20220826_132659.jpg
20220826_132644.jpg

The Pannier set turned up and after having a good look over it......it looks to be O.K. for the money :)
Three bags in all one left one right and the top bag that doubles as a small pack for shopping around town.....absolutely solid fit....no fear of bits falling off ( of the bags I mean:sneaky: )
The pack I was using was a 70ltr........the panniers work out to the same volume overall.
They fit perfectly on the bike with no fear of catching the spokes or interfering with the gear mechanism.....result.
View attachment 115501View attachment 115502
View attachment 115503View attachment 115504
All you need now is a method of carrying your rifles.

View attachment 115501View attachment 115502
View attachment 115503View attachment 115504
Looks much better and a more stable load to me mate 👍

Back