• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

E-Bikes... touring and camping.

Been playing around with the kit I will be using when camping with the bike.
Total weight of the 3 Pannier bags is now 28lbs.

This is not the final load out....but its a start and will soon point out if I need to add or change anything.

Need to buy a small first aid kit to add.

The load out so far.

20220830_095458.jpg

As far as the fishing goes Mark.....I will just wear my fishing pack.....everything I need for session will be contained in that :)
Cant see me camping overnight on the beach with the bike......at the moment anyway.....If I do it will be in the Slumit pop up tent with less camping gear in tow. ๐Ÿค”
As far as the maiden voyage goes....hopefully soon.....we have been on Grandparent duties all over the Summer holidays.....and loved it.
Trips out here and there with them....family staying over.....other trips and things that Lorraine and I have had planned.....there has just been no time :rofl:

Been scouting out some likely places to hideaway for a camp.....found a few that look promising.....so hopefully out very soon for the first sortie with the Wisper 806.
One thing I will more than likely add to the present kit is a small tarp.....something I can sit upright underneath in the chair for a bit of carving or admin out of the rain.

Will need to look at the kit again soon what with the Autumn and Winter fast approaching.....I may look at buying the 4 season inner for the Lanshan 2 tent.....we shall see :)
First and foremost we bought the bikes for my Queen and I to enjoy together from home and to take away in the camper.......but......a bit of camping is a bonus :whistle:

As far as the fishing goes Mark.....I will just wear my fishing pack.....everything I need for session will be contained in that :)
Cant see me camping overnight on the beach with the bike......at the moment anyway.....If I do it will be in the Slumit pop up tent with less camping gear in tow. ๐Ÿค”
As far as the maiden voyage goes....hopefully soon.....we have been on Grandparent duties all over the Summer holidays.....and loved it.
Trips out here and there with them....family staying over.....other trips and things that Lorraine and I have had planned.....there has just been no time :rofl:

Been scouting out some likely places to hideaway for a camp.....found a few that look promising.....so hopefully out very soon for the first sortie with the Wisper 806.
One thing I will more than likely add to the present kit is a small tarp.....something I can sit upright underneath in the chair for a bit of carving or admin out of the rain.

Will need to look at the kit again soon what with the Autumn and Winter fast approaching.....I may look at buying the 4 season inner for the Lanshan 2 tent.....we shall see :)
First and foremost we bought the bikes for my Queen and I to enjoy together from home and to take away in the camper.......but......a bit of camping is a bonus :whistle:

Good bloody gran parents ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Fair play buddy, sounds like itโ€™s all worked out (nae drinking and e-biking noo ken ! Unless u video it๐Ÿ˜‚)

Looking forward to the pictures (donโ€™t forget the pictures lol)

Had to get a smaller cook/kettle set to use in conjunction with the bike camping panniers.
The MSR Reactor I have is a brilliant bit of kit for car camping.....the holdall I use swallows the base camp kit.
But.....at 1.7 litres the MSR takes up too much room in the bike load :rolleyes:

Opted for a "Jet Boil Minimo" which fits in well with the other gear and is much more packable and space/weight saving.
It will act as a kettle....a drinking mug......water boiler for boil in the bag meals.....with the option of using a frying pan also if I feel the need to.
Very economical on the gas with a very controllable flame function......happy days :)

I donโ€™t think you can go far wrong with that billyโ€™o ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Multiple use and easy packed, โœ…โ€™s all the boxes my good manโ€ฆ. Not the cheapest on the market but Iโ€™m thinking you get exactly what you pay for so worth every penny ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

First service on the two bikes today......and its free this time around......part of the warranty agreement :)
Only a 20 minute drive to the shop we bought them from......so all good.

How often will you have to service them bill ?

@Ark79

Apparently Mark.......... depends on the amount of miles you do and over what terrain.....so every 6 to 12 months is recommended.
Worth keeping on top of it especially as far as the brake discs and motors are concerned.
The bike shop reckon on ยฃ35.00 per bike......so not too bad really.....worth that for the peace of mind and looking after them :thumbsup:

Back