• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

E-Bikes... touring and camping.

Still working on saving space in the bike panniers.
Got hold of 4 Nalgene 120ml bottles.....water tight and robust.
Managed to get 6 cups of 3 in one coffee powder into one bottle.....and 15 cups of QT powder in the other.....plenty for a couple of days.
Can also break and insert 2x eggs into one.

Space saved and content in bottles secure.

20220920_152903.jpg
20220920_151132.jpg

Last edited:
So tempted to get the bike out for a ride :whistle:.......perfect day for it.......wont be long...... hopefully :)
Want to visit an old fishing mark I used to frequent years ago....used to be a lovely spot....might get away with an overnighter there at some point.
Batteries charged and ready.

When you ride a bike, do you wear protection (helmet, knee pads)? I only recently thought about it, because I heard that if you ride a lot, the joints in the kneecap can be erased. I thought about buying knee pads and read the article One moment, please..., but I can't choose yet, I'll be glad to help.

Not bikes but horses.
A yard owner we used to know would just say " you're a long time drinking through a straw" when people rode without helmets and body protectors. Same goes for bikes really. The grandson just got his first walking bike and knows he has to wear a hat to go on it.
So if I was to ride a bike I'd probably get at least a helmet.
I've come to see human bodies a bit like toughened glass, sometimes you can give them a right beating and nothing happens and sometimes all it take is a little knock on the edge of something and they shatter onto a thousand pieces.

@Lee0110

Most definitely yes as far as the helmets go.....every ride without fail :thumbsup:

All of our biking is pretty relaxed low impact and controlled....... and on tarmac mostly......with the occasional ride on disused but manageable rail tracks and cycle paths.
Riding at speed over rough terrain/hill climbing..... and through wild forest tracks lost its appeal about 50 years ago :rofl:
The bikes we use are power assisted ( Electric ) so the strain on the joints is far less than a conventional peddle bike.....keeps the joints moving under less strain.
Any protection against injury or accident is worthwhile.......but on a personal level and for what we use the bikes for......we will probably not add kneepads to the kit.

At the moment our knees are in pretty good shape but there may come a day when Taping could be an option and help for us. :thumbsup:

knee straping for bike riders

Hoping to get a ride in along the Estuary some time this week......if the weather holds......everything else getting in the way at the moment........one thing after another :D :rolleyes:
We recently found out that the place we bought the bikes from has sadly closed down.......shame as they were nice people and very helpful.

Hoping to get a ride in along the Estuary some time this week
😳🙄🫣
Normally I would comment on a statement like this , however I will show self discipline 😂

Me and Sharon was looking at these a few weeks ago at comrie Croft , mainly for Sharon as her hips are not so great and it would be good to have something to assist her. Not cheap are they lol?

Hope you manage out mate 👍🏻 remember now ? Pictures pictures pictures 😂

Did you try any out Mark?

No mate , it was just a look see sort of thing … it’s a process with my Sharon 😂

It’s all come about because my wee warrior wants to go out on her bike more and more and wants me and mum to go with her and the wee one isn’t sympathetic to Sharon’s needs lol . If Sharon decides she’ll be coming along then I think an E-bike is a must . I even suggested an electric scooter, should have seen the look I got 🤷🏼‍♂️

@Ark79

A trial ride at a dealership might sway Sharons decision Mark......they are brilliant for most people with back or leg problems. :thumbsup:

Could be considered a tool....a company vehicle for local work....... to commute ........have a chat with your accountant.......a foldaway might be the better option for you if you need to combine bus and rail travel to get to work......if you get my drift :whistle: :D

Last edited:
@Ark79

A trial ride at a dealership might sway Sharons decision Mark......they are brilliant for most people with back or leg problems. :thumbsup:

Could be considered a tool....a company vehicle for local work....... to commute ........have a chat with your accountant.......a foldaway might be the better option for you if you need to combine bus and rail travel to get to work......if you get my drift :whistle: :D

Oh I get your drift my good man bloody good idea 😁 I’ve said this before, really do like the way you think sir 😂

I’ll mention to her bill , am thinking it will happen as she does want to get out with the wee warrior so I’ll ask at the Croft for a test drive 👍🏻 I’ll video it tae as it’s been a while since she’s been on a bike 😂

@Ark79

CREIFF Electric bikes will do test drives according to their website Mark.
You need to ring to book from what I can see 🤔

@Ark79

Hello mate........did you book that test ride in the end?........waiting patiently for that video :rolleyes: :whistle::D
Is it something you are still thinking about or given up on for now?

@Ark79

Hello mate........did you book that test ride in the end?........waiting patiently for that video :rolleyes: :whistle::D
Is it something you are still thinking about or given up on for now?

Hello billyo
No mate we didn’t book it , the move took priority over the funds, it’s still something we’re going to do (eventually) as Sharon really wants to go out with the wee warrior on her bike

Back