• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

E-Bikes... touring and camping.

Well the E20 turned up the day before we were due to go away on our trip in the van......so not much time to have a play before that.
So........when we got back home.....after checking it over once unfolded....getting the handlebar and seat height adjusted.....I gave it a quick run up and down a hill we are perched on.
Sat almost upright....which is a good thing for me personally.
Bedded in the breaks going down the hill.....put the bike into assist mode and peddled up the hill.....could not believe how easy that was....minimum effort from me.
Had a huge smile on my face..... I was that chuffed......would have had no chance on a conventional bike.

My Queen however could not get on with the height of the step through at all :(......so yesterday we went to a bike centre in Honiton recommended to us by one of our customers.
We were greeted and then left alone to browse without anyone looking over our shoulder.

Lorraine had her eye on a Whisper Bike.......very low step through.
They had one in the shop..... and in the colour she wanted.......bonus :)
We were offered to try the bike in the large car park outside......my queen loved it.......so we bought one.
Decided to go for the next battery power up that gives her between 45 and 50 miles assist per charge.......perfect.

We both went for a ride last night when it was cooler......along an old rail track.....now a cycle track.
We covered 5 miles in all and it was a breeze for the both of us......very enjoyable....fun and relaxed......even after ending up in a ditch :rolleyes:

Woke up this morning and really struggled to get out of bed.....walk even......but the meds soon sorted that out :rofl:
Now looking forward to some more rides and building up fitness again......very gently.

Looking at options for the possibilities of local wild camps with the bike...close to home one nighters....and sorting the gear to suit......have to be a hammock set up I think 🤔
A few bits n bobs ordered to help with this.

Jobs a good'un.......the adventures begin :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Well the E20 turned up the day before we were due to go away on our trip in the van......so not much time to have a play before that.
So........when we got back home.....after checking it over once unfolded....getting the handlebar and seat height adjusted.....I gave it a quick run up and down a hill we are perched on.
Sat almost upright....which is a good thing for me personally.
Bedded in the breaks going down the hill.....put the bike into assist mode and peddled up the hill.....could not believe how easy that was....minimum effort from me.
Had a huge smile on my face..... I was that chuffed......would have had no chance on a conventional bike.

My Queen however could not get on with the height of the step through at all :(......so yesterday we went to a bike centre in Honiton recommended to us by one of our customers.
We were greeted and then left alone to browse without anyone looking over our shoulder.

Lorraine had her eye on a Whisper Bike.......very low step through.
They had one in the shop..... and in the colour she wanted.......bonus :)
We were offered to try the bike in the large car park outside......my queen loved it.......so we bought one.
Decided to go for the next battery power up that gives her between 45 and 50 miles assist per charge.......perfect.

We both went for a ride last night when it was cooler......along an old rail track.....now a cycle track.
We covered 5 miles in all and it was a breeze for the both of us......very enjoyable....fun and relaxed.

Woke up this morning and really struggled to get out of bed.....walk even......but the meds soon sorted that out :rofl:
Now looking forward to some more rides and building up fitness again......very gently.

Looking at options for the possibilities of local wild camps with the bike...close to home one nighters....and sorting the gear to suit......have to be a hammock set up I think 🤔
A few bits n bobs ordered to help with this.

Jobs a good'un.......the adventures begin :thumbsup:

Excellent sounds like a revelation....
Looking forward to seeing your bike camping loadout :thumbsup:

Excellent sounds like a revelation....
Looking forward to seeing your bike camping loadout :thumbsup:

Yes....... it is for the both of us Rob :)

My Queen is now semi retired so we hope to spend lots of quality time together with the bikes.....nip down the local pub for a snack and a pint....picnics etc and enjoy the outdoors in general.
Don't want to vegetate in front of the telly :rolleyes::rofl:

Once I get going I will start a new thread on "Camping with an E-Bike":thumbsup:

Well......I am sorry to say that things did not workout for me with regards to the E20.
The company have been absolutely brilliant about the issues and offered a full refund.....excellent customer care and business ethics!
Such a shame as the bike suited in nearly every respect and was a comfortable enjoyable ride.

Still wanting to stay with the foldaway options I have tried Lorraine's bike and it works for me too......so I have purchased the same bike from the same local supplier.
Picked it up yesterday lunch time and after topping up the battery as recommended..... we went for a ride together.
The bike handles very well and is a solid and comfortable ride.

Looking forward to our travels on the bikes and enjoying the outdoors.

Back