• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

E-Bikes... touring and camping.

@Madriverrob

Yes Rob...... slides in under the wrack and locks into position.....key to unlock and remove.
Camping platform is the idea mate with the hammock.......as well as enjoying with my Queen on rides out in the countryside.... nipping down to the beach to fish etc.....no parking charges or time restrictions :)

Just enjoying and getting used to it at the moment....... will start to kit it out soon.

Got the bikes out for a ride this morning and it was an absolute pleasure......power assist makes life so easy.
We both cycled 7.1 miles in all......battery charge indicator has not moved 🙂

Couple of pictures.

20220724_114813.jpg
20220724_115335.jpg

Happy days.

thought we were going to see pictures of you with your helmet on and the scarf with a bit of wire in :rofl:

perhaps you could get @Ark79 to make you a couple sets of saddle bags for the racks on the back idea for kit storage mate :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Both Lorraine and I are finding the lack of suspension on the Whisper 806 a bit hard going on the the old bum's :D
We can reduce the tyre pressures to compensate by 30%......but by doing this it can also reduce the overall assist distance by the same amount.
So we have ordered a seat post that offers a bit of a dampening action.
Will order another if we both find them worth it.
The supplied saddles are a good fit and comfortable........these should add to that.

Both Lorraine and I are finding the lack of suspension on the Whisper 806 a bit hard going on the the old bum's :D
We can reduce the tyre pressures to compensate by 30%......but by doing this it can also reduce the overall assist distance by the same amount.
So we have ordered a seat post that offers a bit of a dampening action.
Will order another if we both find them worth it.
The supplied saddles are a good fit and comfortable........these should add to that.

:zipped: :zipped: :zipped: :zipped: :zipped: :)

Got the new Suntour suspension seat post fitted to my Queens bike this morning.... both of us really impressed....a marked difference in comfort levels.....and less punishment on our backs.

Ordered one for my bike this morning after trying it out......proper job.

Second seat post turned up yesterday....and now fitted.

For anyone with what ever type of bike..... that does not have its own suspension....... I would absolutely recommend these seat posts......a real game changer as far as comfort goes.

Thinking now of upgrading the tyres to something a little wider........holding off for now to see how things pan out on the forest tracks.
Both bikes have a walk assist using the throttle......that will come in handy when the need to push the bike and kit over any distance arises.

Back