• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

E-Bikes... touring and camping.

I did mention "Santa Pod" ebike racing in an earlier post Jon 🤣
My racing and tearing around days have long gone.
Much prefer to amble along now taking in the surroundings and enjoying the experience and freedom.
Good luck with your project though if you go ahead with it👍

Had no chance getting out on ours....had family staying for the past week ........lovely to see them but very busy and fun.
Out again very soon.

Interesting point, on UK roads you cannot be fined or prosecuted for speeding on a bicycle but you could be prosecuted for “riding wantonly or furiously” under laws have that existed since the horse and carriage.

There is a speed limitation for the Ebikes Mike.....15MPH max.
Most that are sold in the U.K. are governed to this.
Personally I think that is plenty to be bimbling about with.
Some bikes can be deregulated quite easily.......not for us though :)

I concur. I'm dangerous enough on two feet! The thought is amazing, but the reality is I'd be strawberry jam if I had a bike that fast. 20mph and a long range would suit me nicely

There's a limit on motor and battery size as well. You can register an overpowered bike as a motor vehicle and insure it to use it on the road though.

Been looking around for a nice lightweight and robust folding table to use when out and about with the bike and using the Lanshan 2 tent.
A firm surface to put the stove on for a brew...... or for prepping food maybe.
Came across this one.......I think it will do the job nicely :)

Will be staying local for now mate......see how things pan out whilst camping with the bike.....only limited by how stable the back is and what I can comfortably get away with :D
I have no permission for wild camping....but do know a few hideaways where I can chance my arm.
Keeping a low profile and no fires is going to be the key I think.....and of course leave no trace.
If and when I manage to get sorted I would like to jump on the train with the bike and kit and head for Dartmoor.....but that is a way off at the moment......but definitely something I would like to do in the future.....as well as join in with the forum meets again :thumbsup:

Got the kit sorted thus far.
Weighing in at 25lb including 1 and a bit ltrs of water.....not ultra light but I'm happy with that on the bike.
More than likely end up fine tuning after a couple of trips....but for now....all good.
20220822_100224.jpg

Back