• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Easter Sunday Bimble To Recce Potential Overnighter Spot !

WildWood1965

Extremely Addicted
I would have put this up sooner but I am still having picture gallery issues with my phone. :(

IMG_20180401_092114231.jpg
IMG_20180401_092050611.jpg
IMG_20180401_090547748.jpg
IMG_20180401_085908273.jpg
IMG_20180401_090036307.jpg

Nice spot Neil.

How far off the road is it?..........was it a long walk in?
Are you thinking of overnighting there?

Not that far from the road but it isn't that busy.

Fairly short walk in.

The area is being considered for an overnighter but I may do a low-key day camp first Bill ! :thumbsup:

Is this spot in an area where fires are permitted.....Gelert grill/Firebox.......contained and small?
Looks like a lovely clean site and good underfoot.....not boggy.:thumbsup:
Plenty of deadfall in there.

Is this spot in an area where fires are permitted.....Gelert grill/Firebox.......contained and small?
Looks like a lovely clean site and good underfoot.....not boggy.:thumbsup:
Plenty of deadfall in there.

Small contained fires are definitely the way to go in there.

No nearby water source, though that isn't much of an issue.

It is boggy in places but we have had snow & quite a lot of rain recently & it will dry out with the better weather.

Low key & the standard " Leave No Trace " policy will be strictly adhered to on all visits.

It is fairly close to me & would be ideal for those " I need to get away from technology & the rat-race moments " ! :thumbsup:

Looks like a nice wee area Neil.
Is the red and white tape old? (first pic)
Signs of someone's previous campfire? (second pic)
Definitely do a day camp to check out the area before a night camp. Maybe go up there for a couple of hours after dark also?
Just check there are no buildings in line of site of where your campfire would be also.

Looks like a nice wee area Neil.
Is the red and white tape old? (first pic)
Signs of someone's previous campfire? (second pic)
Definitely do a day camp to check out the area before a night camp. Maybe go up there for a couple of hours after dark also?
Just check there are no buildings in line of site of where your campfire would be also.

That tape does appear to be quite faded Paul.

Good advice there buddy & that is pretty much the way I intend to play it !

At the end of the day if asked to move on I would do just that ! :thumbsup:

Back