• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Easter

With all this poor weather I've decided to get an outstanding outboard engine done, (Yamaha 5hp 2 stroke) I brought it damaged (cracked steering mount) and I found another for sale stripped and sold as all parts in a box lol so will have a good outboard from these 2 ;) plus a spare prop and cdi/coil so I will probably be keeping it as a spare back up to one of the boats main outboards ;) once that one is done I've got a couple of mercurys to restore!

IMG_6123.JPG
IMG_6124.JPG

I remember a few years back I was swimming in the sea on Easter in a heat wave and the other year some people died on snowdonia at Easter in the freezing weather. Who remembers that?
Easter weather is either one or the other!

Outboards looking good Lee.
My Easter has been messed up! I was supposed to be shooting at the World Hunter Field Target competition at Kelmarsh Northampton.
Last night (Friday) a guy who was already there reported the conditions as "like the Somme". A mate who got there this morning said hardly any dry ground to camp on and then they cancelled the game show that was on at the same time due to the ground conditions. I then decided not to bother with the 250 miles each way (4hours driving) as we were shooting both Sunday and Monday and the weather was going to be really bad Monday and I didn't want to be caught out in snow etc. 6 hours later I find they have re-arranged to shoot all rounds on Sunday so I could have gone just for the one day! Never mind... always next year.

Cheers Dick, Just make the most of the time off to get what you can done so when spring breaks your all good to go lol

I think this Easter weather will hit all small coastal and outdoor business hard as the Easter weekend is the first real money coming in of the year and they all no doubt need it! By the way I can't remember if were still in the credit crunch, austerity or rescission? Are we still in all 3??? I am pretty sure we are still in Europe after voting to leave almost 2 years ago right, or have we left now? :confused::rolleyes::mad: And don't forget that any snow you may see this Easter is FAKE snow lol:rofl:

I think this Easter weather will hit all small coastal and outdoor business hard as the Easter weekend is the first real money coming in of the year and they all no doubt need it! By the way I can't remember if were still in the credit crunch, austerity or rescission? Are we still in all 3??? I am pretty sure we are still in Europe after voting to leave almost 2 years ago right, or have we left now? :confused::rolleyes::mad: And don't forget that any snow you may see this Easter is FAKE snow lol:rofl:
No mate 3 leave 20 March next year

So as I mentioned I decided not to attend the World HFT at Kelmarsh. So guess what happened? My name came out of the bag in the raffle for an Air Arms HFT500! Because I wasn't there it was redrawn as per the rules. Ah well, you win some and lose some big time. £1100 worth of gun. :mad::mad::crying:

So as I mentioned I decided not to attend the World HFT at Kelmarsh. So guess what happened? My name came out of the bag in the raffle for an Air Arms HFT500! Because I wasn't there it was redrawn as per the rules. Ah well, you win some and lose some big time. £1100 worth of gun. :mad::mad::crying:

:thumbsdown: Sounds like you have the same luck as me mate

:(

bugger mate :(

You've got enough bloody guns as it is Dick:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well it's been a productive weekend, got the Yamaha almost finished, just needs another coat and lacquer before the sun goes down.
A rough 20hp Mariner came in today, the parts are worth more than the engine as a whole so will start stripping that after painting.

IMG_6242.JPG

IMG_6227.JPG

Back