• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Edible or non edible? What are they ? Found on a coastal path

IAM ODIN

Extremely Talkative
By the way.. i didnt pick them or eat them im just interested :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201118-214711_Lite.jpg
    Screenshot_20201118-214711_Lite.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Screenshot_20201118-214738_Lite.jpg
    Screenshot_20201118-214738_Lite.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20201118-214658_Lite.jpg
    Screenshot_20201118-214658_Lite.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 96
If you're out hiking walking and find it interesting to identify different mushrooms / fungi...... it is well worth having an authoritative reference in your pack / pocket.
The "Collins Little Gem" books are a good example.

A fiver well spent.......there are others out there.

+1 on the Collins gems. I've got the food for free and mushroom books. Both are well thumbed.
Agreed, I've got the one on trees too.

Sorry IAM ODIN, can't help identify them, I did do a dicky course on mushroom recognition but it was half a day so I'm hardly an expert.

If you're out hiking walking and find it interesting to identify different mushrooms / fungi...... it is well worth having an authoritative reference in your pack / pocket.
The "Collins Little Gem" books are a good example.

A fiver well spent.......there are others out there.
Cheers thats great might also look at an extended course on identification. I probably eont use in real life but knowledge is knowledge :)

Unless your 100% certain treat all fungi as non edible, some people might think a couple of those fungi are chanterelles but they definitely aint
This 100%. Pick and eat the wrong kind of leaf/shoot etc you might get a nasty taste in your mouth and feel a bit 💩 , a lot of the time fungi will do the same but get unlucky and you won’t get a second chance even with the best available medical intervention. Happy eating :)

That’s the thing about mushrooms, there either harmful or magic 🤩

always thought that magic mushies would help with lockdown, no one would want to go outside because of the dragons 🤪🥴

Back