• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Electrical tape.

It's probably the same kind of thing as knives , all about the context. I have knives , hammers , screwdrivers and crowbars in my van all the time . They are the tools of my trade , joiner not housebreaker , so i have a context or reason for them being there. I suppose if there are any worries put the tape etc in a plastic box with a can of deicer and label it something like "Winter emergency kit" ?

It's probably the same kind of thing as knives , all about the context. I have knives , hammers , screwdrivers and crowbars in my van all the time . They are the tools of my trade , joiner not housebreaker , so i have a context or reason for them being there. I suppose if there are any worries put the tape etc in a plastic box with a can of deicer and label it something like "Winter emergency kit" ?
I was only teasing but you're absolutely right đź‘Ť

I find that no matter how many "tool boxes/bags/piles" I got in car, shed, EDC bag etc. I never have the correct tool on hand, so therefore still have to go rummaging under the stairs, the dog bed and in THAT kitchen draw.

The thing I found Bam......on older tape
Just a quick note to all those guys with cable ties, duct tape, gloves and balaclavas in their car... Have you given any thought at all to how that would look if you had a stop and search? :ninja::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@Ystranc

In most cases Mike you will be fine........however it is recommended to remove the gimp suit from the car :)

You may jest but many years ago a combination of alcohol and a girl saw the “kidnapping” of a prized possession and the production of a ransom note cut from newspapers.

Thankfully when a policeman caught me posting said ransom note through their letterbox someone was in the house to explain the childish nature of the joke.

I got told to stop being a tw*t rather than arrested!

You may jest but many years ago a combination of alcohol and a girl saw the “kidnapping” of a prized possession and the production of a ransom note cut from newspapers.

Thankfully when a policeman caught me posting said ransom note through their letterbox someone was in the house to explain the childish nature of the joke.

I got told to stop being a tw*t rather than arrested!

Very honest 38........the Gimp suit was a jest......honest :whistle:

Just a quick note to all those guys with cable ties, duct tape, gloves and balaclavas in their car... Have you given any thought at all to how that would look if you had a stop and search? :ninja::rofl::rofl::rofl:

My best side is my left???? đź‘Ť

I find that no matter how many "tool boxes/bags/piles" I got in car, shed, EDC bag etc. I never have the correct tool on hand, so therefore still have to go rummaging under the stairs, the dog bed and in THAT kitchen draw.
With the plague of scrotes stealing tools from vans i'm in the habit of removing tools from my van every night and only loading what i think i'll need for the day. Works normally until a customer will say "while you're here..." and i don't have the gear with me. Chances are what i want is sat in my hall way.

Back