• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Emergency frequency

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Now this i s a subject that i know diddly squat about, I have a mid range MP3 player that can receive some signals. what would I be looking for say for example a message from Government giving advice

Sorry if daft question

Radio
Now this i s a subject that i know diddly squat about, I have a mid range MP3 player that can receive some signals. what would I be looking for say for example a message from Government giving advice

Sorry if daft question

No daft questions if asked sincerely!

The National emergency announcement radio channel used to be BBC Radio 4 AM long wave until relatively recently and we used to give that out when delivering emergency contingency planning advice.

Partly due to a decline in listeners but also (probably) because the government wanted to hawk off analogue channels in favour of digital tech I don’t believe that it is now wholly the case.

If the link below works it makes interesting reading.

PS just click to VIEW if you don’t want to download.

Back